Proposal: ROR to Columbus

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Team needs matchup for Columbus and Buffalo to potentially make a deal, but I have no interest in moving O'Reilly for lesser pieces. It's gotta be a 1 for 1 swap for a good young defenseman and we've had that debate with Jackets fans. The discussion turns to Eichel instead of O'Reilly which is an obvious dead end.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
No reason to move ror unless it's for a defensemen. He's not worth Jones, Werenski. He's worth more straight up than the other Columbus defensemen. Doesnt work.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I would do it if its Dubinsky (who I know is out for a month, ikr) and Foligno.
I would NOT do it if it involves Jenner or Murray.
(would like to see the next contract they sign.)
And I'll bury you in quality D prospects, if it helps makes that deal go through.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Columbus doesn't have a D of equal value, which is what Buffalo needs. Jones and Werenski are pretty much untouchable and the rest won't get you O'Reilly. These two teams are bad fits tbh. Not saying it's impossible as CLB could use a center and might pay a decent price, but I just don't think it's likely.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm still ok with trading Wennberg and like Carlson plus a pick. Carlson is a prospect but top 4 quality now and Wennberg is young and cam be the ROR replacement more in their window. Also Savard plus pick plus prospect... Savard is a 2/3RHD on a sweetheart deal and still 25 or 26. Add with that a Milano or Abramov type plus a pick. But those are vacuum deals it all depends on what the other team needs. Im trying to either add that top D plus young or young replacement C with top 4 D with #2 potential.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If a top pairing defenseman (or a potential one) isn't in your offer for ROR, it's nowhere near good enough to tempt Buffalo to actually move him.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
All the Columbus players listed in the original thread have been less than stellar this season.

I know we seem to like to accrue underachieving players in Buffalo, but absolutely not any of these players.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The lake effect actually hit other areas harder than it did Buffalo last week.

My yard currently has no snow on the ground. One muddy dog, but no snow.......

Was a joke...

But we got drilled twice by Lake Michigan. Then it promptly went to 40 for the next few days and melted everything. Just enough to expose all the idiots with a driver's license.

As for ROR, if he really can fetch a top line defender like one guy was asking (Which sounds a bit ridiculous to me) then maybe Detroit really should explore moving Larkin. But as I said, that sounds ridiculous.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Was a joke...

But we got drilled twice by Lake Michigan. Then it promptly went to 40 for the next few days and melted everything. Just enough to expose all the idiots with a driver's license.

As for ROR, if he really can fetch a top line defender like one guy was asking (Which sounds a bit ridiculous to me) then maybe Detroit really should explore moving Larkin. But as I said, that sounds ridiculous.
I completely got the humor in your post, and enjoyed it actually... :thumbu:

Reactions: WingsMJN2965

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I completely got the humor in your post, and enjoyed it actually... :thumbu:

Thank God, I was about to have to pull this relic out.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Reactions: Howie Hodge

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Was a joke...

I'd love to have Larkin in Columbus, he and Werenski are literally childhood bffs.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I've made a few offers for Larkin since his draft. I wanted him that draft year but he was taken just 1 or 2 picks before us I can't remember. That has 0 chance of happening though with Detroit rebuilding why trade your best player who is still extremely young?

As for ROR I've offered a current guy who can play top pair in Savard who has played 2 although I like him better at 3 and I offered Carlson who is a prototypical #2 type and certainly has that potential but is only about 20 games into his career. I'd say he can safely be played as a top 4 guy and not have any issues. He was playing great until injury moved him out and Nuti got the chance and since he played so well he got to stay and then same thing happened with Harrington some is just waiting for him shot for someone to go down and he will be right back in it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I've made a few offers for Larkin since his draft. I wanted him that draft year but he was taken just 1 or 2 picks before us I can't remember. That has 0 chance of happening though with Detroit rebuilding why trade your best player who is still extremely young?

As for ROR I've offered a current guy who can play top pair in Savard who has played 2 although I like him better at 3 and I offered Carlson who is a prototypical #2 type and certainly has that potential but is only about 20 games into his career. I'd say he can safely be played as a top 4 guy and not have any issues. He was playing great until injury moved him out and Nuti got the chance and since he played so well he got to stay and then same thing happened with Harrington some is just waiting for him shot for someone to go down and he will be right back in it.

Remember what you guys got when you traded Johansen? Buffalo's not gonna be looking for a significantly inferior deal. O'Reilly's a 1C locked up for his prime. If we're not getting something great in return, there's no reason to trade him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Remember what you guys got when you traded Johansen? Buffalo's not gonna be looking for a significantly inferior deal. O'Reilly's a 1C locked up for his prime. If we're not getting something great in return, there's no reason to trade him.

If O'Reilly is a 1C he's a very mediocre one...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->