Rookies that will play this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I am hearing rumours that Zherdev is coming over, but that is still uncertain.

Other 3 probably will. Sejna has made STL I believe and the other 2 will be call ups.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Somervuori was already sent to the AHL, so i dont think his year will come till next year

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I would go with Sejna from that list, as the player who will get the most quality ice time this season. He should be St. Louis' second line LW playing on a line with Doug Weight.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
the sharks sent boyes down to cleveland, though he is likely to be called up at some point. michalek has impressed in training camp and seems to have won a spot on the sharks opening night roster.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
in nashville:

zidlicky: kind of has the Hideki Matsui\Evgeni Nabokov thing going...he's a rookie only because he's been playing pro in europe for years. 25\26.

Tootoo: just announced...he made the team, and god, did he deserve it. Has been incredible.

Hamhuis: due to injuries, he'll stay with the team for a while.

that's really about it.

Gorgeous George

Mar 1, 2002
Temple Bar
Visit site
corbanSOG said:
the sharks sent boyes down to cleveland, though he is likely to be called up at some point. michalek has impressed in training camp and seems to have won a spot on the sharks opening night roster.

I am surprised that Boyes has not cracked the Shark's line-up this season. I suppose that another year in the AHL playing a large role will assist in his development. I definitely see Boyes as a 2nd line NHLer in 3-4 years...the Leaf's will definitely regret losing him, although I totally supported their motives for a cup-run at the time.

Do you think Boyes will be called up to play 10-15 games over the season once SJ is clearly out of the playoff hunt?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Semin is likely to play anywhere from 1st to 4th line LW for WASH.

Eminger will start on D,

and Boyd Gordon is looking to get time on the 4th.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
For the Flyers Joni Pitkanen and Jim Vandermeer [technically a rookie still] have made the team and will play full time. Jeff Woywitka is first on the list of D call ups and is likely to see time by the end of the year.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
For the Oilers heres who is left
Torres
Bergeron
Sarno
Stoll

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Jenson said:
I am surprised that Boyes has not cracked the Shark's line-up this season. I suppose that another year in the AHL playing a large role will assist in his development. I definitely see Boyes as a 2nd line NHLer in 3-4 years...the Leaf's will definitely regret losing him, although I totally supported their motives for a cup-run at the time.

Do you think Boyes will be called up to play 10-15 games over the season once SJ is clearly out of the playoff hunt?

I'm not surprised. Boyes has great offensive skills but until he picks up his intensity and learns to play defense he won't be in the NHL.

CoolburnIsGone

Horton & FL have agreed to a deal and they'll sign the contract before the deadline today. The sole reason to sign him now was to allow him his spot on the roster that he earned. FL is a much better overall team with Horton in the lineup. Should put up Nash-like numbers this yr if he performs like he has all preseason.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids said:
in nashville:
Hamhuis: due to injuries, he'll stay with the team for a while.

I thought I saw Hamhuis being sent down over the weekend...

degroat*

ST. LOUIS
Peter Sejna [LW]- As discussed, he'll be playing on Weight's LW
Jeff Heerema [RW] - Because of Boguniecki's injury, he's slotted to start the season on Weight's RW.
Matt Walker [D] - Currently injured, will probably in and out of the lineup throughout the season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If you consider Andrew Peters a rookie, then he'll be on the Sabres 4th line this year.

Also, with Jochen Hecht's broken forearm you might see Derek Roy, Paul Gaustad, Norm Milley, or Milan Bartovic get some time in Buffalo early in the year.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
3 rookies for the Wild:

Brent Burns: this is starting to sound less like an audition and more like the whole year - Riseborough has pretty much said so.

Cristoph Brandner - He's a little old for a rookie at 28. Likely the beneficiary of Allen Walsh's tactics, he may be the first to go if and when Gaborik and/or Dupuis return.

Travis Roche - I'm pretty sure he still counts as a rookie. He's finally getting his shot; we'll see what he does with it.

thestonedkoala

Bookman said:
3 rookies for the Wild:

Brent Burns: this is starting to sound less like an audition and more like the whole year - Riseborough has pretty much said so.

Cristoph Brandner - He's a little old for a rookie at 28. Likely the beneficiary of Allen Walsh's tactics, he may be the first to go if and when Gaborik and/or Dupuis return.

Travis Roche - I'm pretty sure he still counts as a rookie. He's finally getting his shot; we'll see what he does with it.

Christoph Brandner and Brent Burns give a lot of size to the Wild finally!

Also Travis Roche really isn't a rookie. He is but he isn't. He's seen some time for the Wild but only like 5 games total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->