Rookies still in NHL camp

CapeB

Jun 20, 2006
Boston

Left in Boston are:

Phil Kessel- pencilled in to play on a Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes line

Petr Kalus- either 4th line duty (possibly top 2 lines-if injuries) or Providence getting 1st line minutes

Hannu Toivonen- looks like he'll be the starting goaltender (maybe split minutes with Thomas)

Mark Stuart- currently injured but should stick with the B's once healthy

Jim Boeheim

Sep 20, 2005
Rochester
True Lightning/NHL rookies - Matt Smaby, Mike Egener, Blair Jones, Mitch Fritz
Players w limited NHL time - Nick Tarnasky, Nikita Alexeev, Norm Milley

Per TSN,
TB Assigned goaltender Karri Ramo and center Blair Jones to Springfield (AHL).

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Even though Perezhogin isn't technically a rookie, many fans feel he's competing with Latendresse for a spot on the team. Subsequently, Perezhogin was booed despite getting 2 points due to the francophone saviour Latendresse being ejected from the game.

Sometimes I'm really embarrased to be a Hab fan.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hansen and Coulombe have made it at least till the final cut. Might say more about Canuck depth than it does about those players.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
For Montreal:

Kostitsyn and Latendresse fighting for a spot in offense.

Jancevski, Benoit, O'Byrne were fighting for a spot on the blue-line as a seventh defenseman but with Traverse I don't know now....

Mar 1, 2002
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/hockey/nhl/san_jose_sharks/15636155.htm

Ron Wilson on Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Rising rookie: Defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic continued to impress Wilson in games Tuesday at Vancouver and Wednesday at Calgary. That earned the 2005 second-round pick a chance to play two more exhibitions.

``More than likely he'll play both nights,'' Wilson said. ``More than likely he'll play on opening night, too, the way he's played.''

Bryzga lol*

Every rookie for the habs have been sent down except Latendresse. But Côte and Kostitsyn will more than likely make apperances throughout the season.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Rookies still in the Ducks camp include: Tim Brent, Ryan Shannon, and Shane O'Brien. All of them have played quite well and are making the Ducks brass think hard! :)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pouliot, Schremp, Mikhnov, Thoresen, and Jacques up front for the Oilers.

Smid, Gilbert, and 28 year old rookie Jan Hejda on defence.

Devan Dubnyk hasn't been sent down, but he will be very soon, despite having a very solid training camp and pre-season.

Jim Boeheim

Sep 20, 2005
Rochester
Buffalo

Fowards:
Mike Ryan
Chris Thourburn
Jiri Novotny
Daniel Paille
- Two will stay, the other two may have to clear waivers to join Rochester.

D-Men:
Adrej Sekera
Nate Paetsch
- One will stay, one will join Rochester (AHL)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ryan was sent down a couple of days ago. I didn't see him in person, but from what I could gather he wasn't that great. A Duck fan that saw him play will be able to give you a better anwer.

How are Lupes, Smid, and Mikhnov doing? :)

Lupul started slow, and then once he got placed on his likely permanment line (Smyth-Horcoff-Lupul) he caught fire with a 3 point game and 1st star. Smid has been a mixed bag from what I've heard (most young d-men are), but he will be pencilled into our 2nd pairing with Steve Staios (so he must've been doing pretty good!!!). Mikhnov started fast, then hurt his finger, but he's done well, he's learning the North American game, and he should start the season on our 4th line and give us an offensive presence there while he's getting over the language and culture barrier. All in all, IMO all 3 have done pretty well for themselves, but all 3 will improve as the season moves forward.

Randall Graves*

Lupul started slow, and then once he got placed on his likely permanment line (Smyth-Horcoff-Lupul) he caught fire with a 3 point game and 1st star. Smid has been a mixed bag from what I've heard (most young d-men are), but he will be pencilled into our 2nd pairing with Steve Staios (so he must've been doing pretty good!!!). Mikhnov started fast, then hurt his finger, but he's done well, he's learning the North American game, and he should start the season on our 4th line and give us an offensive presence there while he's getting over the language and culture barrier. All in all, IMO all 3 have done pretty well for themselves, but all 3 will improve as the season moves forward.
Lupul will probably be that way all year but his point totals should increase.

andimgone

Mar 19, 2004
These are the ones still at Camp for Phoenix as far as I can tell from the news releases on who has been sent to the AHL or back to juniors

Defensemen
Keith Yandle
Matt Jones
Nick Martens

Forwards
Kevic Cormier
Ryan Garlock
Enver Lisin
Peter Mueller
Bill Thomas
Kyle Wilson

Which is now down to Yandle and Lisin.