Rookies still in Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a list of the rookies still in camp and if anyone is surprised they are still around:
Chris Higgins- Montreal
Brent Burns- Minnesota
Marc-Andre Fleury- Pittsburgh
Joffrey Lupul- Anahiem
Ryan Getzlaf- Anahiem
Karl Stewart- Atlanta
Hannu Toivonen- Boston
Milan Jurcina- Boston
Sergei Zinovjev- Boston
Patrice Bergeron- Boston
Derek Roy- Buffalo
Brent Krahn- Calgary
Eric Staal- Carolina
Tuomo Ruutu- Chicago
Anton Babchuk- Chicago
LILES, John-Michael- Colorado
Dan Fritsche- Columbus
Antti Miettinen- Dallas
Trevor Daley- Dallas
Jiri Hudler- Detroit
Nathan Horton- Florida
Anthony Stewart- Florida
Dustin Brown- LA
Matt Foy- Minnesota
Jordin Tootoo- Nashville
Dan Hamhuis- Nashville
David Hale- New Jersey
Paul Martin- New Jersey
Adrian Foster- New Jersey
Sean Bergenheim- NYI
Bruno Gervais- NYI
Joni Pitkanen- Philly
Jeff Woywitka- Philly

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Alright, I misread it at first.

Liles looks to be Colorado's 6th defenseman as he's shown lots of poise so far and is not a liability defensively at his size.

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Rookies still with the Avalanche:

Sauve
Liles
Svatos
McCormick

Two of those four are guaranteed a spot with Sauve obviously taking the first one. It's possible that all four could win jobs at this point which is really unbelievable considering the depth of the Avalanche right now.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
rookies still in Flames camp
Krahn-likely gone to Vegas but with McLennan unprotected this is getting interesting
Kobasew-will make it as 2nd line Rw
Betts-will make it as 4th line C
Lombardi-is up for experience, but will almost certainly go to Lowell

all 4 have been very good

As far as Jersey goes, I believe that all three of the players you mentioned are still in camp. I know for a fact that Martin played tonight against the Rag$, and that Suglobov and Ilkka Pikkarainen were also on the ice tonight.
Whether or not any will crack the opening day roster is another question. Martin probably won't as his camp has been . . . "meh".

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Stoll, Rita, Salmeleinen, Bergeron, Conklin and Luoma would all be first year players this year (both Conklin and Luoma are too old to technically be eligible for the Calder) for the Oilers.

Conklin looks like a lock, one of bergeron/luoma will make it as a 6/7 D (probably Bergeron at this point), and at least one of stoll/rita/salmo would stick provided EDM carries 14 F/7D/2G (and so long as Comrie remains a holdout)

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
EroCaps said:
Caps rookies:

Semin
Gordon
Eminger
Ouellet
Yonkman
Not only are Semin, Gordon, and Eminger still at camp...it appears all 3 are going to make the starting lineup for the regular season. Semin appears set on the 1st or 2nd line left wing spot. He hasnt scored a goal yet...but he's been turning heads in all 4 games he's played...picking up 3 assists along the way.

The kid is something else to watch...

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
For Montreal, outside of Higgins, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Plekanec, Hainsey and Ryder are still with the team. I expect Komisarek and maybe Ryder to stay in the big league. I was a little disappointed with Perezhogin's play as I had place big expectations for him this upcoming season. He seems to be missing that spark to get his gear to another level. :mad:

Goalie Terrorizer

Mar 6, 2002
Québec cty
Visit site
Dr.Strangelove91 said:
For Montreal, outside of Higgins, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Plekanec, Hainsey and Ryder are still with the team. I expect Komisarek and maybe Ryder to stay in the big league. I was a little disappointed with Perezhogin's play as I had place big expectations for him this upcoming season. He seems to be missing that spark to get his gear to another level. :mad:

Perezhogin was sent down to hamilton yesterday

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Artem Kriukov is still in camp with the Sabres.

Although, they are trying to work out a deal so he can play in Rochester this year.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Dr Zoidberg said:
Does Robert Dome count as a rookie? I'm not sure anymore.

He lost his Calder chances about 5 years ago, so no. He spent parts of a couple seasons in Pittsburgh before being screwed over/screwing himself over.

The Pens have
Marc-Andre Fleury- Contract talks are on...
Konstantin Koltsov- Spot guaranteed, probably will play with Lemieux. Probably.
Brooks Orpik- Spot guaranteed
Matt Murley- 90% chance of making the team at this point.
Ryan Malone- 50/50 chance. He's had a great camp.

I don't believe Caron classifies as a rookie anymore.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
rbrooks said:
Only Matthew Spiller remains as a rookie for the Coyotes after cuts today.

Did Jeff Taffe get sent down too? I thought he's still in the camp.

After Simpson getting exposed and Sillinger's injury.. both of them have a better chance of making it.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Caron does still classify as a rookie. I read somewhere that he has a chance of being on the all rookie team for the 2nd year in a row. I think once you play 25 games, your not a rookie anymore.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Caron is still eligible, played 24 games...
the limit was 25!

Others prospects still in camp :
Brent Burns (AMAZING! this guy was ranked 100th+ one year ago, and wasn't a predicted 1st rounder!), Matt Foy and Christoph Brandner (28, not eligible), D Travis Roche for the Wild. Veilleux still there, but not Calder eligible.

Florida still carry Krajicek and Campbell but both of them were injured and are just starting to come back... Greg Campbell had an amazing shape coming in camp though.

Getzlaf and Lupul will probably fight for a spot in Anaheim, along with Holmqvist. Popovic could be the 7th D-man.

H3ro

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
Montreal:

Chris Higgins(Will likely play in the AHL)
Tomas Plekanec(Will make the club)
Ron Hainsey(Battling with Bouillon for the 6th defenseman place)
Mike Komisarek(Julien said he need to play in the AHL)
Michael Ryder(Will make the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad