Rookies confirmed to be starting the year in NHL

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Every year it seems there's more and more NHL ready talent out there, and not only ready, but rooks that make immediate impacts on their teams. Should be a fun class this year to watch.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston: Czarnik, Heinen

Carlo and O'Gara will also start with the big club. Carlo is probable to stay, but O'Gara is less likely when Kevan Miller and Adam McQuaid are healthy.

Aug 3, 2010
What is up with Tkachuk? He's projected 2nd line already?

Chemistry with Bennett in the preseason (as predicted) and Brouwer helps drive that line, although it's really the 2A spot deployment in the offensive zone + powerplant time and the x-Backlund-Frolik 2B defensive/2-way line with PK time.

Tkachuk will likely get his 9 games at this point.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Devin Shore made the team for the Stars. Esa Lindell is still up but could still get send down today . Even if he stays Stars would be at 8 D and he may not play at all.

Stephen Johns and Radek Faksa might still count as rookies for some people ( not really for me ) and had been locks from the start.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Jesse Puljujärvi

Happy?

Yea, me happy.

I was just finally asking it bc I see everyday different spellings of names and sometimes wonder if you guys do it on purpose :laugh: But it's somewhat funny so I'm not asking anyone to stop it don't get me wrong. I understand getting Finnish names wrong all the time but Canadian/American I don't. :) This is just in general, not directed at you.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Eriksson Ek will be with the Wild at the start of the season. Believed it will be at least for 9 games. Looks to center the 4th line.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Chemistry with Bennett in the preseason (as predicted) and Brouwer helps drive that line, although it's really the 2A spot deployment in the offensive zone + powerplant time and the x-Backlund-Frolik 2B defensive/2-way line with PK time.

Tkachuk will likely get his 9 games at this point.
Playing Bennett at his natural position is the smartest thing new coach Gulutzan did, that whole line looked awesome. I also can't find another LW'er better than Tkachuk for that 2nd line spot, I say he stays.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Boston: Czarnik, Heinen

Carlo and O'Gara will also start with the big club. Carlo is probable to stay, but O'Gara is less likely when Kevan Miller and Adam McQuaid are healthy.

Noel Acciari only played 19 games last year, so he's technically a rookie too.

Nice to see so much young blood on the Bruins' roster.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Rattie is on the team, but he's currently the 13th/14th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad