Rookie Showcase Tourny - Roster released

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wish it would always be in Laval...

The Habs should be much more competitive this time. Last year it was really a walk in the park for the Sens.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Wow 60 $ for all the game not bad. If I live in the area of Belleville I go for sure.

Last edited:

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Oh yay the games are at night this time! I hope it will be broadcast/streamed.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The roster could be released on Monday, but it's looking like nearly the entire defense corps will be invites:

Jonathan Aspirot [LD]
Trenton Bourque [LD]
Clay Hanus [LD]
Conner McDonald [RD]
Nicholas Welsh [RD]

Looks like at least 2 forward invites as well:

Maxim Trepanier [LW]
Adam Capannelli [C]

Not sure that the Sens will include the likes of Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom, and Balcers on the roster. All those guys have already excelled as professionals and have little to gain from this exhibition - it's main camp that matters for them.

Naturally none of the NCAA or European guys will attend either, so no Thomson, JBD, Tychonick, Alsing, Pinto, Crookshank, Nurmi, Lodin, etc.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The roster could be released on Monday, but it's looking like nearly the entire defense corps will be invites:

Jonathan Aspirot [LD]
Trenton Bourque [LD]
Clay Hanus [LD]
Conner McDonald [RD]
Nicholas Welsh [RD]

Looks like at least 2 forward invites as well:

Maxim Trepanier [LW]
Adam Capannelli [C]

Not sure that the Sens will include the likes of Brown, Batherson, Brannstrom, and Balcers on the roster. All those guys have already excelled as professionals and have little to gain from this exhibition - it's main camp that matters for them.

Naturally none of the NCAA or European guys will attend either, so no Thomson, JBD, Tychonick, Alsing, Pinto, Crookshank, Nurmi, Lodin, etc.

Looks about consistent with their list, man the D looks ugly

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The D is awful but the forward and goalie look very good. It s gonna be fun to watch if at rds this year again.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I think that was Formenton.

Im positive it was Batherson. There was an article from some Nova Scotian newspaper a month or two ago and it talked about Drake's growth spurt and how it came late. Unless Formenton had one to lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Batherson is now listed at 6’3, 206lbs. Pretty sure when we first drafted him he was listed at 5’8.
I think he was 5'8 when he was drafted into the Q.
The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles selected the then five-foot-eight, 145-pound Batherson in the sixth round (97th overall) of the 2015 QMJHL draft.
Formenton was 5'6 when he was drafted into the OHL
Formenton was an 11th round pick in the 2015 OHL draft. He was five-foot-six and a scrawny kid. He had some skill and he could skate.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Only 2 prospects on defense...

Forwards, Brannstrom and goalies have to carry the team. It won’t be as easy as usual since Montreal has a prospect pool all of sudden. They looked really bad last year

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The forwards group is absolutely stacked for a tournament like this... We`ve got 7 or 8 forwards that could legitimately play NHL games this year whether as a regular or as a call up.

Abramov-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Davidsson
Kelly-Gruden-Veronneau
Capannelli-Beaudin-Sturtz
Trepanier-Kastelic-Todd

On D... not so much. Brannstrom on an island with a bunch of tryouts and a 7th round pick from this year.

Goalies are all legit though, even if I'm not a believer in Mandolese

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
2019 Rookie Tournament:

Formenton - Brown - Batherson
Gruden - Norris - Davidsson
Abramov - Beaudin - Veronneau
Kelly - Kastelic - Sturtz
Capanelli - Todd - Trepanier

Branstrom - McDonald
Aspirot - Guenette