Rookie/Prospect Tournaments

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Rangers, Red Wings, Thrashers, Stars, Blue Jackets, Lightning, Minnesota and St. Louis are teams that will be in that Traverse City tournament that starts sept. 8th and ends the 12th.

Havne't seen any rosters yet cept the one for the Jackets above.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Any idea what its gonna look like? If you had to guess?

Staal, Dawes, Immonen, Dubinksy, Sauer, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti, Moore, Jessiman, Baranka, Callahan, Helminen, Pyatt, Russell(Kris' twin brother), Bahensky, Graham i guess for starters. Im sure not all of those will attend(though they should) and a few others will go instead. Im not sure if Al Montoya will be ready to get yet after having surgury in May, but hes suppose to be back in time for the start of the AHL season.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES – The fourth annual “Pacific Division Shootout†-- featuring prospects from the Kings, Anaheim Ducks, San Jose Sharks and Phoenix Coyotes with the Kings serving as host – is scheduled to take place September 8-12 at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo.

The tournament, which originally began in 2003 and was hosted by the Kings in El Segundo, will consist of two games each day (except Sunday, September 10), highlighted by the Consolation and Championship Games on Tuesday, September 12. The 2005 Tournament was held in San Jose while the 2004 Tournament took place in Anaheim.
http://www.lakings.com

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wow, Rangers have a huge team going compared to everyone else, 31 players in total.

To break it down:

Rangers - 31 Players (1 AHLer excluding goalies)
Tampa - 25 players (2 AHLers excluing goalies)
Jackets - 24 Players (0 AHLers)
Thrashers - 23 Players (2 AHLers excluding goalies)
Stars - 23 Players (5 AHLers excluding goalies)
St Louis - 22 Players (1 AHLer excluding goalies)
Wings - 22 Players (1 AHLer excluding goalies)
Wild - 20 Players (4 AHLers excluding goalies)

When i say AHLers i mean players who played last year in the AHL, not going into their rookie seasons.

Last edited:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
id pissed i cant go2 traverse city this year.. minn is going to have a TON of talent, voloshenko, sheppard, pouliot, thelen, its actually very disgusting.. lol... nyr is gonna be throwing around montoya (not a fan), staal, ect.. while stl is gonna have schwarz there... very intersting

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Wow, Rangers have a huge team going compared to everyone else, 31 players in total.

there are definately some notes of interest with the ranger's roster. Correy Potter's inclusion meens they're still trying to sign him. And I'm alittle surpised to see a Furrer there, as I thought we'd never hear from the kid. It's also worth noting that alot of the more advanced guys (Dawes, Immonen, Baranka) won't be going.

Good to see that Sauer is ready to go after the mild concussion he got at the WJC camp.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
there are definately some notes of interest with the ranger's roster. Correy Potter's inclusion meens they're still trying to sign him. And I'm alittle surpised to see a Furrer there, as I thought we'd never hear from the kid. It's also worth noting that alot of the more advanced guys (Dawes, Immonen, Baranka) won't be going.

Good to see that Sauer is ready to go after the mild concussion he got at the WJC camp.

Yeah pretty interesting stuff.

I'm thinking that thy pretty much have Dawes and Immonen in the known quantities category, but I'm a little surprised about Baranka's absence. Wonder if he will be added later. I'm really looking forward to reading coverage on this tournament.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Nice to see Kyle Bailey is on the Minn. roster. After the injury he had in the playoffs, nice to see his name there. I'm hoping the lack of a uniform number doesn't have any significance, that Bailey really is playing in the tourney.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
The schedule for the Pacific Division tournament from September 8-12 (including practice times), ticket information, and the Kings roster is up on the Kings website. Kopitar and Tukonen will be there although apparantly Anze has changed his first name to "Bud" or it's just another typo.

http://www.lakings.com/2,4894.ftm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->