Rookie of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Bergeron, Pitkanen and Fleury all equally impressive to me. Koltsov not even close, and I continue to be puzzled by Evilo's comments on him. Half the time I have watched , he is completely useless out there, just running around. The rest of the time he is ok but he is a product of others, not the other way around. I didn't watch the game where he got 3 assists but I think they were secondary assists. But that's just me and everyone has a right to an opinion.

{CRYSTAL BALL TIME}

Who SHOULD get it for this month? I dunno.

Who WILL get it for this month? Fleury.

{/CRYSTAL BALL TIME}

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Koltsov has definitely been impressive...but on the Pens alone I'd take him third as far as rookies.

Fleury has been the best by far on the Pens followed by Malone, Koltsov a close third.

thestonedkoala

If he didn't go down with an injury I would say Burns has done a bang up job in Minnesota.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Vlad The Impaler said:
Bergeron, Pitkanen and Fleury all equally impressive to me. Koltsov not even close, and I continue to be puzzled by Evilo's comments on him. Half the time I have watched , he is completely useless out there, just running around. The rest of the time he is ok but he is a product of others, not the other way around. I didn't watch the game where he got 3 assists but I think they were secondary assists. But that's just me and everyone has a right to an opinion.

{CRYSTAL BALL TIME}

Who SHOULD get it for this month? I dunno.

Who WILL get it for this month? Fleury.

{/CRYSTAL BALL TIME}
Well what's impressive is exactly the contrary. When playing with Mario and Straka, THEY were the results of HIS plays. Most of his assists, he was the guy making the play, while the others had to finish.
He started fast, went through a kind of hole, and he's back to camp level. Using his speed, forechecking, and creating opportunities with his acceleration.
I'm amazed by his play.

Doc_M

Sorry guys, but I forgot Felury when I started the discussion.

I think it's between him and Pitkanen, and Fleury would probably get it as goalies tend to get a lot of recognition...

Bergeron is third, and Koltsov a distant 4th.
HM to Staal, who is doing well after a slow start.
HM to King.

Of course if Zidickly is eligible, then he is right there with Pitkanen and Fleury and will win it with better offensive numbers.

:p

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
I think it will be Fleury. The NHL really wants to showcase this guy and it would be something nice for the pittsburgh market. It's close between him and Pitkanen but I think that the politics of it will get him the nod in the end...

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
Honestly, I think Marc-André Fleury deserves it. He was awesome between the pipes and rarely we saw such a thing coming from a 18 year-old kid.
Close seconds are Joni Pitkänen (outstanding at Philly's blue line :bow: ) and Patrice Bergeron.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
yep definitely zidlicky if he were eligeable....he also hits hard :D otherwise im having a hard time deciding between Fleury and Pitkanen seems to me both have done as well as u can expect them to and more....the question almost becomes which position is tougher to play at a young age.....the debate can be endless...so flip a coin
bergeron close behind...seems to me his mindset is his best asset :)

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Even though Zidlicky has been scoring more, I would say that I think Pitkanen has been the better defenseman, and as evidenced by Jackman's Calder win last year, it is not based solely on stats. I am just glad there have been rookies this year who could step in, as opposed to last year where the rookie of the month usually went to whomever was the was the best 3rd liner.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Marc-André Fleury for sure! He is third in the league for save % at 18 years old, receving more then 30 shots a game AND playing for the crappiest team in the league. If there was a goalie of the month award I think he would get it too!

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
Marc-André Fleury for sure! He is third in the league for save % at 18 years old, receving more then 30 shots a game AND playing for the crappiest team in the league. If there was a goalie of the month award I think he would get it too!

Actually he's the owner of the top SV% in the league for the time being :handclap: :yo: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->