Prospect Info: Rookie Camp 2019

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure I like Farabee at 187 already, while a lot of players put on 25-30 lbs in 3-4 years after the combine, 25 lbs in two years is a bit fast.
On the other hand, given his frame (and his genetics, see his brothers), 162 lbs was really light.
We'll see how he handles his new weight - but he's big enough for the NHL now if it's good weight.

Reactions: TheKingPin

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Not sure I like Farabee at 187 already, while a lot of players put on 25-30 lbs in 3-4 years after the combine, 25 lbs in two years is a bit fast.
On the other hand, given his frame (and his genetics, see his brothers), 162 lbs was really light.
We'll see how he handles his new weight - but he's big enough for the NHL now if it's good weight.
That’s a about half a pound per week, that’s a pretty decent pace.

Edit: quarter pound. That’s definitely reasonable

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Depends on the player, Frost added 15 lbs in a year and looked sluggish last summer, now he's better suited to play at 185 a year later.

Farabee added 25 lbs in ONE year, my bad, 162 last summer at the combine, now reportedly at 187. That's awfully fast. In a couple years he may fill out to 6'1 200 or so, but it usually takes time to put on GOOD weight (lean muscle, not fat).

Farabee has the frame to carry more weight than Frost, but it still takes time to build a new body (Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. . . . Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster)

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think the avg make can put on something like 1lb of muscle a week. Still, that does seem fast.

Wonder if they will purposely have Farabee and Frost on different lines. Unless they can both make it!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Depends on the player, Frost added 15 lbs in a year and looked sluggish last summer, now he's better suited to play at 185 a year later.

Farabee added 25 lbs in ONE year, my bad, 162 last summer at the combine, now reportedly at 187. That's awfully fast. In a couple years he may fill out to 6'1 200 or so, but it usually takes time to put on GOOD weight (lean muscle, not fat).

Farabee has the frame to carry more weight than Frost, but it still takes time to build a new body (Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. . . . Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster)

Especially when he’s playing and practicing so much. Honestly, I would think that would be near impossible.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, that sounds more credible. 15 lbs is a lot (too much for Frost last year) but doable for someone with Farabee's frame at his age.
But 6'0 177 is a bit slight for the NHL, especially a player who likes to hang out in "dirty" areas.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Farabee isn't a "space" player like Frost or Giroux, he likes to go to the net and fight for pucks along the boards.
So yeah, 177 is very light for that role, it's hard to maintain leverage at that weigh against 200+ lb men.

Reactions: AnimalFear

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Farabee isn't a "space" player like Frost or Giroux, he likes to go to the net and fight for pucks along the boards.
So yeah, 177 is very light for that role, it's hard to maintain leverage at that weigh against 200+ lb men.

Sure

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Liked for the $6 Million Man reference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad