Pre-Game Talk: Rongos vs Kings - 12/15/17 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
If someone from MSG video thinks it’s a good idea to show the replay of the Martinez goal, I hope they get nothing but coal for Christmas and stub their toe really badly.

I don't think MSG will. It's faded into history long enough. But NHLN? Trying to nab the casual viewer? No guarantees.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
We've encountered every iteration possible pretty much. To me, the two middle lines are an interchangeable flock of forwards.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
About time we finally got Nash-Miller-Zucc. We know Nash and Zucc work well since those two and Brass carried us through 14-15
Zooks didn't play his game with Nash this season. Zooks and JT make passes then move and grind with each other. Nash plays kill the guy with the puck going one vs three instead of moving the puck early. I would rather both Zooks and JT have almost any other wing. Nash is a good player but he is a more individualistic player. Zooks game took off when he was removed from Nash's line.

Reactions: Ori

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Nash will never finish again, so hopefully Miller adopts a shoot first mentality playing with his new wings.

Reactions: Ori

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do we think it's going to look like when Chytil joins the team?

Realistically, he should have a rather big role right away because he's very good. Where do we put him? Given the coach, it might be the fourth line, but where do we want him to play?

I'd say you try him with Zucc and Miller. Thats a quality top 6, but I do agree with what some have said that outside of the 1st line, the rest of the lines don't do all that well together, which is a problem.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I like this.

Load up the top two lines, let lines 3 and 4 be shutdown lines.

This is more in line with the conventional two top lines and two bottom lines. Problem is they will still get roughly even minutes in a roll four-line scheme. At this rate, I hope Nash gets going at the risk of Grabner cooling.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is more in line with the conventional two top lines and two bottom lines. Problem is they will still get roughly even minutes in a roll four-line scheme. At this rate, I hope Nash gets going at the risk of Grabner cooling.

I'd be mostly fine with it if it worked 1, 2, 3, 4 with 1 getting the most, 2 the second most, 3 the third most, 4 the 4th most, but work in a way here to switch the minutes of Hayes and Desharnais without moving their lines.

If our Forward TOI distribution looks something like Buch, Kreider 1 and 2 in some order, Hayes 3, Miller and Zucc 4 and 5 in some order, Nash 6, Desharnais, Fast, Grabner 7, 8, 9 in some order, 4th line 10, 11, 12 in some order. But we know it won't work like that.

Reactions: will1066

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You guys talk about the Martinez goal but I had already resigned myself when the team went down 3-0 in game 3. Mentally prepared to lose at that point.

The big hits for me were the multiple blown 2 goal leads in game 1 & 2, and the Girardi giveaway in overtime.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
You guys talk about the Martinez goal but I had already resigned myself when the team went down 3-0 in game 3. Mentally prepared to lose at that point.

The big hits for me were the multiple blown 2 goal leads in game 1 & 2, and the Girardi giveaway in overtime.
Agreed. Game 2 was a heartbreaker. Blowing 1 2 goal lead sucked, but doing it again in game 2, in the 3rd period no less was the backbreaker.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'd be mostly fine with it if it worked 1, 2, 3, 4 with 1 getting the most, 2 the second most, 3 the third most, 4 the 4th most, but work in a way here to switch the minutes of Hayes and Desharnais without moving their lines.

If our Forward TOI distribution looks something like Buch, Kreider 1 and 2 in some order, Hayes 3, Miller and Zucc 4 and 5 in some order, Nash 6, Desharnais, Fast, Grabner 7, 8, 9 in some order, 4th line 10, 11, 12 in some order. But we know it won't work like that.

Yeah, I like the idea of double-shifting Hayes and sitting Desharnais at some point. Maybe even Nieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad