Ronalds ĶēniņÅ¡ -- Ronnies Hockeys -- The Mightiest of Latvians.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
To be honest I think we're starting to see the next generations of Canucks... similar to when Burrows came up at around 23-24.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I wonder how much hype Kenins has in his home country.

Be funny if he had Girgensons levels of hype!

Anyway go Kenins!

GX

Dec 28, 2011
I wonder how much hype Kenins has in his home country.

Be funny if he had Girgensons levels of hype!

Anyway go Kenins!

Nah, it's not Girgensons kind of levels. I mean, when Kenins made his debut, yeah, the hype was rather big, but I'm quite confident there were much more people watching Buffalo reg season games (which is a horrendous thing to do at any time, let alone in the middle of the night) than people watching Kenins yesterday.

kriteris

Nov 8, 2007
Nah, it's not Girgensons kind of levels. I mean, when Kenins made his debut, yeah, the hype was rather big, but I'm quite confident is there were much more people watching Buffalo reg season games (which is a horrendous thing to do at any time, let alone in the middle of the night) than people watching Kenins yesterday.
I disagree, ok maybe there are no rap songs about Kenins, but people follow Kenins as much as they do Girgensons. I think Vancouver games attracts as many viewers from Latvia as Buffalo, plus it play-off hockey for crying out load, Kenins might be the next latvian who lifts Stanley Cup over his head. So i dont know why are you confident that there are MUCH more latvians who would waste their time watching that garbage of a hockey, that Buffalo played this year. Next years All-Star vote will prove me right :yo:

PS.
im really annoyed by that latvian guy who posts those useless stats about Latvian players after every game, his external links are very meh.. Plus i dont understand his assumption that vancouver hockey community cares about any latvian players apart form Kenins and Harold Snepsts (whos Irbe and Vasiljevs?? )

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
I disagree, ok maybe there are no rap songs about Kenins, but people follow Kenins as much as they do Girgensons. I think Vancouver games attracts as many viewers from Latvia as Buffalo, plus it play-off hockey for crying out load, Kenins might be the next latvian who lifts Stanley Cup over his head. So i dont know why are you confident that there are MUCH more latvians who would waste their time watching that garbage of a hockey, that Buffalo played this year. Next years All-Star vote will prove me right :yo:

PS.
im really annoyed by that latvian guy who posts those useless stats about Latvian players after every game, his external links are very meh.. Plus i dont understand his assumption that vancouver hockey community cares about any latvian players apart form Kenins and Harold Snepsts (whos Irbe and Vasiljevs?? )

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread and potentially missing this earlier, but Snepsts is Latvian?!?

Whole new respect.

Good game by Kenins tonight, and great to see him get rewarded for his hard work.

:yo:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Loving his chemistry with Horvat. Kenins is on a 33-point pace so far as a Canuck including playoffs (all at ES).

Horvat is producing at a 32-pt pace. If that lasts over a full season that's top 6 production from both of them.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kenins looks like an absolute fantastic signing by Gillis. Nice to see guys like Horvat and Kenins come in and contribute in such a big way. It's been awhile.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Kenins doing for us what Ferland's doing for them...skates well, hits like a train, has em looking around whenever he's out there. Chipping in some offense too! Always fun to see the young guys step up in the playoffs.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
This. Credit where credit is due. Gillis has brought us a number of key young players to build on who are contributing : Tanev, Lack, Horvat, Kenins, sadly Kassian to a lesser extent

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
It should be established by now that Kenins is a lock over Vey, and he should be a lock over Matthias at this point too.

Ronnie Hockey!

This line has been great for us in the stretch, and now the playoffs. It's great to see. I'm definitely seeing Bo's captain qualities coming out. He is going to be huge for us. Next year, he will push for the 2C spot. He'll eventually be good enough to take over Kesler's 2-way 2C role.

These two players are showing us how important good youth is for a team. They are filling positions that Gillis had to fill with plug UFAs. They have so much jump and energy, and they are constantly improving. Hansen has been the ideal veteran presence on this line.

Next year's third line, without a doubt in my mind.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
That Linden look..."sign this kid."

This look? Pretty much says it all, doesn't it. :)

picture.php

Last edited:

FreshBlood

Feb 5, 2011
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread and potentially missing this earlier, but Snepsts is Latvian?!?

Whole new respect.

Good game by Kenins tonight, and great to see him get rewarded for his hard work.

:yo:

Both parents are latvians, so I guess they emigrated from Latvia.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This look? Pretty much says it all, doesn't it. :)

picture.php

hahahahahaha. So good. Gotta love Linden. I bet he was pretty amazed by Bo's pas too. That line is awesome together. Even Hansen's pass off of the boards to Bo was such a smart play.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
hahahahahaha. So good. Gotta love Linden. I bet he was pretty amazed by Bo's pas too. That line is awesome together. Even Hansen's pass off of the boards to Bo was such a smart play.

What you have to love about Kenins is that he appears to have far more in the tool-box than just another 'meat-and'potatoes' fourth-line grinder....guy actually tries to make things happen offensively, and has an uncanny ability to find the 'soft-spot' in the slot....guy could have had way more than four goals this year if he had any puck-luck....can only get better imo and this playoff experience could be just what he needs.:handclap:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
What you have to love about Kenins is that he appears to have far more in the tool-box than just another 'meat-and'potatoes' fourth-line grinder....guy actually tries to make things happen offensively, and has an uncanny ability to find the 'soft-spot' in the slot....guy could have had way more than four goals this year if he had any puck-luck....can only get better imo and this playoff experience could be just what he needs.:handclap:

I like the kid too..... but truthishly, without any puck luck he wouldn't have scored his first 2 or 3 goals if memory serves.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I like the kid too..... but truthishly, without any puck luck he wouldn't have scored his first 2 or 3 goals if memory serves.

No asterisk for the first 2 goals he scored. A goal's a goal in the NHL. Give him credit.

Plus, you have to be good to be lucky. Wait, or is it lucky to be good....

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I've always been a strong Gillis supporter. He wasn't without his faults, but after some of these young guys like Kenins and Horvat start making an impact I hope some of the haters realize what he did for this organization. He's definitely one of our better GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->