Ron Wilson is a smart coach.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Wilson >>> Carlyle, and I hated Wilson with a passion.

Give Wilson today's lineup and the team would make the playoffs. Give Wilson a decent goalie back in the days and we would of made the playoffs in atleast one of those years, gauranteed.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wait, was it not you who made the 'epic collapse' thread?

My bad :laugh:

:biglaugh:

oh my god..... :biglaugh:

i'm actually dying of laughter here. ohh mann. i needed a laugh today.

I know who you are talking about and the thead you are talking about the username isn't hitting me right now, but oh my goodness that's funny.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Well after reading numerous threads in the past few days I now know how a lot of Leaf fans are handling missing the playoffs. They have gone on one hell of a bender and decided to post whatever comes to mind.

edbrubaker*

If Wilson knew what he was doing he wouldn't have told Burke to extend JML to cement his top four.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Wilson >>> Carlyle, and I hated Wilson with a passion.

Give Wilson today's lineup and the team would make the playoffs. Give Wilson a decent goalie back in the days and we would of made the playoffs in atleast one of those years, gauranteed.

Or they would have collapsed in February instead then won enough to get 9th.

Oct 19, 2007
( it doesn't change the fact that at least 1/3rd of this roster needs to be gone)

You are a very smart lady and equally smart hockey fan.. The only objection I would have with you is that I really think the 2/3 of this team should be gone. This team will NEVER win anything in Toronto. Give me Rielly, Kessell, Gardiner ( maybe ),Bernier,JVR ( maybe ) and there is not one other player that you can win with. I say these names because I think they would be a help to supplement some real hockey players. Each and every one of the rest could leave and they would not be missed. Truth.

eeddieedwards

Jul 22, 2009
I'm surprised that Mason Raymond is lumped in with that category of players. I haven't really followed him on the Leafs, but he was actually very defensively responsible in Vancouver. If he has regressed in that regards, I would pin it on the coach.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
The Leafs don't even play that much different now than they used to under Wilson. Defensively, they used to pressure up front under Wilson which caused many odd-man rushes and breakaways, under Carlyle they let the opposition pressure them (which is unsustainable) then try to counter quickly

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
RW's system destroyed our goalies and it would have destroyed Reims and Bernier as well . Giving up endless breakaways and odd man rushes isn't a recipe for success .

I do agree that the majority of our forwards are incapable of playing solid D and until that changes it won't matter who the coach is .

Reimer had the best stretch of his career under wilson..

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Tortts is on his way. flying Tango Air Canada.

I was thinking DeBoer would be coming along with Shanaban. He was the coach Clarkson go 30 goals with although his NHL resume with the Panthers and Devils show some unsightly records. Wouldn't count on him doing anything drastic except maybe implementing an NHL-caliber defense structure.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Reimer had the best stretch of his career under wilson..

I don't think he was any better than last year but i don't him or any goalie would hold up under the constant quality chances given up by RW's non existent defensive system over the long haul .

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
The Leafs don't even play that much different now than they used to under Wilson. Defensively, they used to pressure up front under Wilson which caused many odd-man rushes and breakaways, under Carlyle they let the opposition pressure them (which is unsustainable) then try to counter quickly

they signed the wrong guys period ......long term signings ,bad cap management ,burke had a hand in this too ,if nonis does get canned ,it shouldnt shock anyone ,burke hsad more resources than JFJ yet we are about as bad as ever ,,,,,i hope shanny brings in as many winning people as he can ,,,,

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
remember when the Leafs werent bad on the PK

yeah... but for some reason even with the same coach the PK was ****

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad