Ron Wilson fired from assitant coach in Hamilton.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Kinda like what we did with Pearn?
Yeah... firing assistants ought to have gone out of style with that one. :dunno:

They have a lot of cooks all over Habdom, though. Some pruning might not have been out of place in general. In terms of timing... weird. In terms of "Ron Wilson has been coaching for 18 years and 9 in Hamilton" it is even weirder actually... relative to all the younger coaches around who aren't exactly wowing us with results... he has stepped in for head coaches before, say... ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Didn't Gauthier get vilified for that? I guess it's suddenly a great idea under Bergevin now.

Bergevin is still in his honeymoon phase, where people are willing to forgive his failures:

- Subban contract situation
- Prust + Moen contracts
- Thought Shane Doan would be the answer
- No trades to improve the team thus far
- Hired his friends specifically for nearly all positions
- The circus in Hamilton
- Therrien

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
“I met with Ron earlier today and notified him that he was relieved of his duties. This was a difficult decision to make, but due to a difference in philosophy, we felt it was best to part ways. Ron has spent several years with the organization and we thank him for his loyalty and hard work and wish him the best of luck with his career in professional hockey.” said Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coach Sylvain Lefebvre.

I'm guessing Wilson wanted less Stortini/Hagel and more Leblanc.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
“I met with Ron earlier today and notified him that he was relieved of his duties. This was a difficult decision to make, but due to a difference in philosophy, we felt it was best to part ways. Ron has spent several years with the organization and we thank him for his loyalty and hard work and wish him the best of luck with his career in professional hockey.†said Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coach Sylvain Lefebvre."

We used to be remembered as a class act... Not as a tactless apologist.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
“I met with Ron earlier today and notified him that he was relieved of his duties. This was a difficult decision to make, but due to a difference in philosophy, we felt it was best to part ways. Ron has spent several years with the organization and we thank him for his loyalty and hard work and wish him the best of luck with his career in professional hockey.†said Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coach Sylvain Lefebvre."

We used to be remembered as a class act... Not as a tactless apologist.

How was this handled inappropriately?

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Didn't Gauthier get vilified for that? I guess it's suddenly a great idea under Bergevin now.

Who said it was a great idea? Where do you get the feeling that Gauthier and Bergevin are getting different treatment?

In any case, Bergevin has little to do with this firing, it really sounds like Lefebvre is the one who needed Wilson gone. Gotta say, it doesn't look good for Lefebvre if he's already up to the point of needing a mulligan in the coaching staff to get his team going. I was being patient with him, but after following the Bulldogs for a few months, I have to say, I'm far from impressed from what I saw so far.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Bergevin is still in his honeymoon phase, where people are willing to forgive his failures:

- Prust + Moen contracts

- The circus in Hamilton
- Therrien

What?

Young Gun

Nov 9, 2009
She's gone to the dogs I say, and she ain't coming back for a long time yet !!!!
Fire this one , fire that one, pay this guy out, this guy wants million's to play, other
guys want the same, hire your friends, **** this and **** that one, don't speak, if you
do, see ya later or your setting !!! She's gone boy's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Habs are becoming a joke !!!! Should be a good one tonight, drop the puck already,
so I can catch up on some sleep !!!

Metropolitsky

Still 4x more cups
Jul 19, 2006

- Prust + Moen contracts
- The circus in Hamilton
- Therrien

Fire his ass

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site

- Prust + Moen contracts
- The circus in Hamilton
- Therrien

Please. What failures? 2 games into the first season of the new regime so it is a bit early to call some of their early decisions as failures.

I do not see how Bergevin is the one to blame regarding the Subban contract situation...

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
But it must been hard for him to have 3 French speaking coaches around him: Lefebvre, Dufresne and Riendeau.

The horror... the horror...

You kinda wish they would surround Lefebvre with good English speaking coaches instead, so they can stop him from doing stupid French things.

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->