Ron Weber, longtime caps radio broadcaster (1974-97) and hall of famer to call game 4

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Weber is an absolute broadcasting legend, good on the Caps organization for doing this.

He is best known for his streak of calling the Capitals' first 1,936 games, starting in 1974 with their inaugural game.

p.s. Beninati hasn't called a game since round one.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Thank god.

The regular Caps announcer, Joe Benihani or something, is soooo annoying. His inflections are so annoying man.

Beninati. He does tv. Not radio. Not everyone is going to like you. In the business he is considered elite. There are people that hate Doc and Forslund and Gord Miller. There are even people that don't like Foley.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Beninati. He does tv. Not radio. Not everyone is going to like you. In the business he is considered elite. There are people that hate Doc and Forslund and Gord Miller. There are even people that don't like Foley.

I would prefer the CBC broadcasters over Emrick.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I'm sorry but benenati is objectively top notch.

If you mean Walton, I understand, I love him though. But he's radio. Or maybe you mean color in Locker...then we'll yep haha, although I like him at times, also subjectively and biased.

The main NBC crew is pure t virus though. Almost hate then as much as the pens duo and barely less than the bruins guy.

Every one else in the business is solid. Flyers/Canucks/Avs and strader where he's at really stand out to me for playbyplay. Then panger engblom are all solid color guys.

Grudy0

Mar 16, 2011
Maryland
Good on the Caps for bringing back Ron Weber tonight.

Is it just me, or with the amount of radio broadcasts being used for prior game highlights, that NBC is really pumping up John Walton to be in national rotation for PxP? I know he's had the national stage for Women's Olympic hockey, and when the Caps didn't make the playoffs Walton was tapped for a series on NBCSN.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
That's who I've been listening to this entire postseason and it's glorious. So much better than NBC.

The Canadian broadcasters know their stuff more than the American ones. I honestly don’t mind Milbury/Olcyck, but if you can replace Emrick with the CBC guy I’d be happy. I’m just hoping for the day Emrick retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad