Dec 16, 2007
Satellite of Love
image_17458.jpg

380011%20-3535-AQUAFINA-20-OZ-24CT.jpg

Tanks...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I've known cats and dogs smarter then Ron Rolston, in fact most cats and dogs are smarter than Ron Rolston
-Ricky

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ron isn't an NHL level coach, at this moment.

He might be, in the future, but not right now.
I wish him all the best, may he grow as a coach and succeed at NHL level...

But now wasn't the time in Buffalo.
Any more and you could see these kids like Larsson and Grigo not having chances to succeed getting to them.

Last edited:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Man, he did the best he could but he just doesn't have the ability to coach a young NHL team successfully. It became very clear that he was in over his head and now he has been relieved of his duties. I honestly do feel bad for him. I am sure he had the best intentions for the team and I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Those gloves....

I remember listening to some Toronto sports talk show and they were going on and on about how Ron Rolston a). looks like he should be teaching computer science at some community college and b). wears lady's gardening gloves during practice. I googled Ron Rolston and the first pic that comes up are the gardening gloves.

I never said anything bad about the guy because it has to be hard as hell to coach in the NHL having never played at the NHL level. I hope he lands on his feet and gets another gig, just not in Buffalo.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
His hockey schemes and handling of players made no sense.

No ill will though. He put us in a position to succeed...at getting the #1 pick.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Thank you Ron for allowing Cassidy to follow his heart when he realized he better not follow you to Buffalo.

SwordStanley10

Sep 16, 2009
Toronto
My first memory of Rolston was the 2009 World Juniors, Team USA built a 3-0 lead on the Canadians and then they simply fell apart. He had no system or direction, and when the game started to turn he let his emotions run, leading to his players losing their composure too. I remember holding him solely responsible for that loss.

You could argue he shouldn't have even been the Amerks coach, poor player development or even steps backward by key prospects under his tutelage as well as being wildly outshot with no recognizable system. Probably belongs back in the college ranks to start over and learn his way back to a higher level. However, I highly doubt hell have the makeup to ever be an NHL head coach again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad