Sportsnet: Ron Hainsey signed confirmed

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
DJ Smith's Tom Pyatt.

What an loser we've brought to Ottawa as a coach. He was a failure of a defensive coach for Toronto so we let him bring in the two worst D men from there.

We thought last year's team was bad defensively. Just wait.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Chirp leafs D. Proceed to hire D coach make him head coach. Sign their worst D man and trade for their second worse D man.

Is our goal to make the playoffs, or get a better draft pick?

Seems like we may have picked up the right guys according; shrewd move... ;)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
giphy.gif

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

...or you know, play the kids and let them develop. I'm assuming Jaros now goes down to the AHL.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
3.5 million for Hainsey

So let me get this straight.. In a year where we had traded away our 1st .. we do nothing to shore up the D and Goaltending (for months) ... and finish last.

When we do have our 1st in an excellent draft year where we have a chance of drafting a franchise player.. we shore up the D and sign a bunch of goalies
I mean I wouldn't exactly call obtaining Zaitsev and Hainsey "shoring up the D" lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we had kept Ceci and dumped Harpur, then this does make some sense as he is a good place holder....But adding Z for 5 more years on top of this sheesh...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Chirp leafs D. Proceed to hire D coach make him head coach. Sign their worst D man and trade for their second worse D man.

Melnyk doesn't care. He just says stuff to stir the pot and as long as he can squeeze more dollars from this team he literally could not give a shit if he looks like a hypocrite.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Melnyk doesn't care. He just says stuff to stir the pot and as long as he can squeeze more dollars from this team he literally could not give a **** if he looks like a hypocrite.
Pretty much this....Our only hope is either that free liver lets him down or he decides he should sell

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I have a hard time following this board's logic, I admit.

One day, Ceci is the worst player that ever laced them up. The next day, we trade him for another D-man (even if he was the 2nd worst player in history, he should still be a major upgrade according to people's opinions on Ceci), and people are still mad.

One day, people want to tank hardcore. The next day, moves are made to be sure we don't compete (Ennis and Hainsey ouch), and people are still mad

lol

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad