Ron Hainsey Appreciation

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Agreed / Disagree - quiet adequate for 3rd pairing / not a 1st pairing guy for sure

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The end of plus minus

C57BB26A-96CB-4DA6-BDB9-AF580B68BB98.jpeg

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He's hanging on as best he can in the job he's been given. I'd like Babs to reduce his minutes, there's clearly a Komarov-esque overplaying of the veteran going on, but who do we have who's ready to replace him on the first pair? I give the guy credit for holding the fort as best he can, but am hoping we can upgrade on him soon. He'd be great on the third pairing for a cup run, first pairing not so much.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Hard to believe so many Leaf fans aren't happy with Hainsey. He's Reilly partner and Reilly is having a career year.
The suggestion that Hainsey minutes gets reduced....so who takes his minutes? Increase Zaitsev or Ozzie's?

Seems like some Leafs fans aren't going to happy with their RHD till all of Parayko, Pietangelo and Weber are acquired before the TDL. Of course then they win look at the total number of playoff round wins for those three players have they won't be happy.

Reactions: mulefarm

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He's hanging on as best he can in the job he's been given. I'd like Babs to reduce his minutes, there's clearly a Komarov-esque overplaying of the veteran going on, but who do we have who's ready to replace him on the first pair? I give the guy credit for holding the fort as best he can, but am hoping we can upgrade on him soon. He'd be great on the third pairing for a cup run, first pairing not so much.

This.

Hainsey is the best option at the moment - they need Dermott to grow up, in a hurry, but as a stop-gap, Hainsey is doing the best he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad