Celebrity Death: Ron Glass

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
**** me

Grew up watching miller and him battling Dietrich.

Only Wojo and Barney still around. Gregory Sierra left halfway through the second season and many forget he was there

But most geeks know Glass from Serenity/Firefly

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Damn it. He was great on Barney Miller and then when he turned up years later on Firefly it was a nice surprise.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
huge, huge Firefly fan but also grew up on Barney Miller. The funny thing is I didn't know it was him when watching Firefly until years later.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Really sad about this. Been watching Barney Miller reruns here and there (including at this moment) for the last 6 months, first time watching it in over 30 years and it's still funny. Most charismatic cast in a sitcom outside of Seinfeld, Glass included. Played a very likeable character, the budding writer making ends meet as a police detective. The timing of his death coinciding with me reconnecting with this show makes it seem more poignant, somehow.
R.I.P.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Over the last year I have been watching Barney Miller from beginning to end, and am currently on the last season.
Harris was such a nice guy when it came down to it, but man did I ever want to Barney to kick his ass during the Blood on the Badge fiasco LOL.

Rest in Peace Harris.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
From an episode that was running last night (the hash-brownies episode):

Suspect (who is an elderly Soviet-era Polish immigrant): You people [Americans] don't know what true oppression is.

Harris: How long you been living here again?:D

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I only recognize him from a one-time appearance on Family Matters, playing a good guy TV star who turned out to be a big jerk. Just wanted to mention that since no one else did, shows how well he is known for all different reasons. RIP.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Crappy quality, but at about 16:00 Glass makes his TV debut.

Also, nobody but me probably remembers, but he starred as the Felix character in a black reboot of Odd Couple with Demond Wilson (aka Lamont Sanford).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Also, nobody but me probably remembers, but he starred as the Felix character in a black reboot of Odd Couple with Demond Wilson (aka Lamont Sanford).

Yeah, 1983 I think it was on and it wasn't for long. For some reason I thought it was Flip Wilson who played Oscar but you got it right. I think BET ran reruns for a time though when they first came on.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of that show being promoted...wouldn't remember a thing about who was in it though. Don't think I ever saw it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of that show being promoted...wouldn't remember a thing about who was in it though. Don't think I ever saw it.

The problem with his odd couple was he played his Harris character. The haeris character wad good but not as a lead. Also the show just wasn't funny and you did not like the character

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad