Confirmed with Link: Romanov signs three year ELC

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Chris Phillips is by far the closest thing we will see from Romanov if he only reach level 1 if he clics he can actually be a Theodore or Werenski like, yeah even if he doesn't score a lot.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Don't care, I'm not putting any names on him, he'll make his own name I'm sure and putting names to parabola with him only creates unnecessary pressure
top 4 role and true leader are no Hype since he does that at every level so far. You see a name there but didn't pay attention to the guy. Where you see pressure I see upcoming development and ceiling potential. The plain stupidity would have been compare him to Krug Jones or whatsoever actual d leader, but old guy can give you the pattern where a rookie can fit, and that's not a mold. Emelin/Phillips are for me some good ground to start with. He has a whole career a front of him to settle it!

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
top 4 role and true leader are no Hype since he does that at every level so far. You see a name there but didn't pay attention to the guy. Where you see pressure I see upcoming development and ceiling potential. The plain stupidity would have been compare him to Krug Jones or whatsoever actual d leader, but old guy can give you the pattern where a rookie can fit, and that's not a mold. Emelin/Phillips are for me some good ground to start with. He has a whole career a front of him to settle it!

Don't care, as I said. The comparative game is a stupid one and it often leads to forced styles of plays that do not 100% fit the player. How many times are comparatives brought up during interviews and shoved down prospect's throat? It happens all the time. Where you see upcoming development, you also have to keep in vision the upcoming difficulties there will be.

I mean, I love Romanov, but I remember plenty of people going bat shit crazy over Mete coming over and well, he's not bad but he's really not as great as some would have wished.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval will become interest to watch, that's for sure.

We said that last year too, maybe this time it's the right one.

They were interesting to watch this past season. They had their rough patches, but they were interesting to follow. Before the stoppage, they were on a crazy run and the playoff race was a lot of fun to watch.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
A huge difference is how the pairings were utilized and who they were matched up against for the majority of their shifts. That's something that unfortunately the advance stats don't take into account accurately.

What the hell are you droning on about?

Mete was used on the first pairing at great lenghts in his first two seasons. Chiarot didn't get tougher minutes with Weber than Mete did.

Go look at pairings GAA stats yourself. It's crazy the bs people will invent when reality doesn't match their beliefs.

You're not gonna get a medal for being right. I don't care about being right either way. Facts are facts, deal with it.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
What the hell are you droning on about?

Mete was used on the first pairing at great lenghts in his first two seasons. Chiarot didn't get tougher minutes with Weber than Mete did. Watch the games rather than just relying on advance stats. You'll be smarter for it

Go look at pairings GAA stats yourself. It's crazy the bs people will invent when reality doesn't match their beliefs.

You're not gonna get a medal for being right. I don't care about being right either way. Facts are facts, deal with it.
Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. Watch the games instead of relying on advance stats, you'll be a smarter fan for it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true. Watch the games instead of relying on advance stats, you'll be a smarter fan for it.

I do both

I use the stats because there's no other way getting over huge egos and biases.

Now, aren't you even a bit curious. I guess not. You watch the games, you have all the answers. The all omniscient hockey fan who can see a player is better than another even though his GA60 is 1.00 higher than the other guy in the same situation. Pure genius.

No wonder Bergevin is still in charge with such illuminated fans such as yourself.

I repeat over and over because it's the truth. I've posted those stats before. Pardon me. MANY have posted those stats before. I'm tired of having to do it every 2-3 months because yet another know-it-all fan keeps believing he has the "right" answer when facts clearly show he doesn't know diddly squat what he's talking about. Not my fault you have this mindloop where you can't even stop yourself, inhibit your ego a bit, and ask yourself, maybe I might be wrong?

That's what happened to me when I first heard someone say Chiarot was better than Mete. I had watched both enough to know better, but I wondered, might I be wrong? So I checked the stats and wow, I wasn't wrong at all. The difference is night and day. Best LD we had in the last 3 seasons was Mete last season AINEC.

Now, Chiarot might have a bit worst circumstances with Price signing off on a lot of nights, but that alone can't explain a +1 GA60. Plus considering the fact Mete is barely 22 and could hold his own on the first pairing at 20-21, guess who you should be looking for towards the future?

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't get this narrative. Where has it shown that Russians aren't welcome with Julien as coach?

Habs used to have a ton of Russians in the roster but as soon as Julien became the HC Markov, Radulov, Sergachev, Emelin all gone, and Galchenyuk and Scherbak the year later so it's easy to see the narrative. It can't be that black and white though, Kovy seemed to enjoy his short tenure under Julien for example. I'm so excited by these news, Romanov is a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->