Confirmed with Link: Romanov signs three year ELC

boss10

Jun 19, 2010

Scouts are comparing him to Doughty

I see him ending up similar to Petry

"He’s much better than Emelin," said the executive. "Way better skater, much better gap control. His gap control is his best asset, and he has way more offence than people realize."

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This 100%...the kid dominated WJC 2 years straight...played in the KHL with men...someone said Emelin 2.0???...more towards the Markov side with less offence...he is the future anchor of our D. After Weber and Petry he is our 3rd best D right now. He does not need AHL...he spent 2 years playing with men and his body is big enough to handle NHL.

Do you know who also played in KHL with men and dominated WJC and doesn't have Markov offense? Emelin

Emelin was a ~20min/game top 4 D with Montreal, played both side and was arguably the best hitter this franchise has seen last 20 years.

Regardless how bad the Montreal defense is right now, pretty big expectation to suggest Romanov will somehow go from bottom pairing D in KHL to top 4 in Montreal right away. Just doesn't happen, there's very little examples of KHL players magically blossoming right away in NHL while being depth guys in Russia. Even Emelin/Markov were key players on their KHL teams.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
9113BB78B1D6379452551938E9650D06B1AB27D0

boss10

Jun 19, 2010
Do you know who also played in KHL with men and dominated WJC and doesn't have Markov offense? Emelin

Emelin was a ~20min/game top 4 D with Montreal, played both side and was arguably the best hitter this franchise has seen last 20 years.

Regardless how bad the Montreal defense is right now, pretty big expectation to suggest Romanov will somehow go from bottom pairing D in KHL to top 4 in Montreal right away. Just doesn't happen, there's very little examples of KHL players magically blossoming right away in NHL while being depth guys in Russia. Even Emelin/Markov were key players on their KHL teams.
I did not know Emelin won WJC top defenceman and was selected to WJC all-star team twice? Markov was 23 when he came to play for Habs and Emelin 26...this kid is 20 and his upside is a lot higher than Emelin. The only reason he was bottom pairing D was his age. He gained good experience playing and practicing in the KHL. Emelin was a good defensive d-man, Romanov is also a good on D and a better skater, and will supply more offence. Perfect for todays game.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I really like that he got some swag!! This guy play the game with passion and thats the kind of player i want on my team, you don’t trade guys like him, PK, Radulov you build a team around them!! Worst case scenario you’re not winning well fans will atleast have a darn good show!!

Reactions: DavePeak

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I saw every Romanov's games in the last 2 world juniors and my eyes were just on him.

Call me crazy but my prediction is that he will be on the first pair after 1/2 season in the NHL.

His gap, mobility, and attitude are amazing...NHL ready!.

Perfect player to play with Weber 5 vs 5 very soon.

Reactions: Destopcorner

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad