Confirmed with Link: Romanov signs three year ELC

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I was talking about his 2nd camp. Obviously he seemed overwhelmed, it's why the Habs sent him back down to juniors.
I was talking about that maybe Romanov won't look so out of place because of his experience at the pro level. He was too good for the junior level, evidently. Even moreso than Suzuki if you look at the small sample that was the World Juniors. In both years, he looked dominating.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Suzuki also dominated the OHL whereas Romanovs 11 points in 86 games isn't exactly earth shattering. I'm aware that you can't evaluate a guy like Romanov this way, but he's got a lot to prove besides his WJC that he's NHL ready. Suzuki on the other hand had a better track record but was also very impressive at camp.
I personally think he's ready to play. Bergevin has said he'll start on the third pair. However, that's coming from the same man who said PK was going to be a Hab for a long time so who knows lol.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's ready to play in the AHL? Wow that's amazing. Please don't rush him. Would love to see Laval with KK, Romanov, Poehling, Teasdale, Hillis, Fleury, Brook, etc. That would be fun.

I was really to happy to read his interview after signing the contract. He said if the Canadiens want me to spend some time in the AHL learning, no problem.

It's amazing he's thinking that way. He's already taking a big pay cut to play in the NHL instead of the KHL over the next three years. If he goes to the AHL, it's an even bigger pay cut. Kudos to him for the sacrifice. If he doesn't come from a wealthy family, it's quite a sacrifice.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Le Journal says that Romanov is comparable to Sergachev. Sounds like we were there about 3 years ago.
I am sorry, but I have zero hope or expectation that Habs will develop Romanov into anything good given no change in coaching staff or management.
Change has to start at the top.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
So pumped to have him. Also just when I thought they couldn't make the mobile experience of this site any worse they add autoplay video ads with tiny exit buttons that result in you clicking on the ad 90% of the time. I'm out.

Reactions: Magic Stick

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sorry but the KHL is not the NHL and he should not be rushed for no reason if he shows at camp, whenever that might be, that he is not ready for the NHL speed, etc.
Right, and the OHL isn't the KHL. He's played in the second best league in the world. If he needs AHL time, no problem. I think he could stick in the NHL in a bottom pairing role without hurting his development. Give him second PK and PP time to start. If he struggles, scale back his time. If he still struggles, send him to the AHL.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So pumped to have him. Also just when I thought they couldn't make the mobile experience of this site any worse they add autoplay video ads with tiny exit buttons that result in you clicking on the ad 90% of the time. I'm out.
Ok, it's not just me that noticed that. Super annoying. It must have been in the last couple of days. I'm on Chrome.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Welcome to Montreal! Our most exciting prospect is coming to the big league!

Best hockey news so far this season. What a kid, what a player and so eager to follow his path with us! Now bring back Sergachev to give Romanov a partner for the next 10 years.

Reactions: Canadienna

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

We should not expect to mush from Romanov, All scouts are saying the same thing that he will be a Alexei Yemelin 2.0 but with more offence

Scouts are comparing him to Doughty

I see him ending up similar to Petry

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Romanov-Weber
Mete-Petry
Uncle Karl-Kuuuulllak

yes!
1 st pairing
LD -
RD - Weber

2nd pairing