Confirmed with Link: Romanov signs three year ELC

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I agree. I am quite old and a big Bowie fan and I translated the Ziggy Stardust album using a gramophone (yes that old) and wrote down all the lyrics by moving the needle back and forth and then using an English lexicon (the album got pretty scratchy). I also subscribed to a weekly English music paper. That helped me immensely later in life. I got an A in English in school or rather the equivalent 5 since we had numerical grades.
Numerical grades 1 through 5... wow... that was sooooo long ago. Sigh.Surprisingly I do actually remember my first 5... it was for cursive writing... must have finally manage to nail some zigzagy things they had us copy in the first grade. The reason I remember is because my mother bought me some book I really wanted and wouldn't give it to me until I got good at cursive. The days when kids had to earn stuff...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Juliens bias comes from style of play. Romanov plays like a North American. Should be no issues.

... that is if plays mistake free. Should he make a mistake the proud what I call "Lars Eller tradition" will continue. Romanov, due to being a youngster, will be naileld to the bench and Habs will go back to Brett Kulak or whatever other veteran scrub they will get this summer. Fleury played very north american hockey and as far as I am concerned played it a lot better than Kulak... didn't stop Julien from sending his punk rear end down to minors.

Although... since Romanov is Bergevin's apparent prized possession this year, Julien may get orders to play Romanov no matter what... Habs to tell with them Habs.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Romanov is an example of Russian who plays a NA style of hockey. He can skate, moves the puck extremely well and will hit. A coach's dream, and best of all he seems to be coachable AND wants to be here. There wont be a problem adapting to the league for a player like this, he honestly seems more suited for it than the big Russian ice. Not worried about it in the least

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It would seem that none of the prospects that were signed just now, with the date TBD, will not be allowed to play this year if they resume play.

So Romanov would only be able to play as of next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->