Confirmed with Link: Romanov signs three year ELC

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Montreal&#39;s approach in agreeing to terms with Alexander Romanov on his ELC is the same previously taken by Florida (Grigory Denisenko) Chicago (Ian Mitchell) and St. Louis (Scott Perunovich).<br><br>**Teams are waiting to see if 2019-20 restarts and if NHL allows current-year deals.</p>&mdash; Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) <a href="">May 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And just like I had mentioned that the Blackhawks had signed Ian Mitchell to an ELC with the start date TBD, I was saying if the hold up to sign Romanov was to see if they will play this year or not, they could sign him to a deal with the start date TBD, which is what they did.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If the current season re-starts at some point, but MTL doesn't participate in it (i.e. the NHL goes straight to the playoffs without the Habs), does Romanov burn one year of his ELC?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
He will bring a lot of mobility to the defensive corps, which skating ability will increasingly become one of its defining characteristics, especially if a guy like Mete were to work on his shot to improve his offensive options.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Attachments

• Romanov (1).gif
    Romanov (1).gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 2

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Chariot - Weber
Mete - Petry
Romanov - Juulsen/Fleury
Kulak

Bergevin better hope Romanov works out and eventually goes on the top pairing or that Mete goes back to his previous form, because Chiarot should be nowhere near a first pairing.

Some here seem inamoured with the mobile dman, but his underlying defensive numbers on the first and second pairing making it clear we won't ever win a championship woth him on the first pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad