Injury Report: Roman Josi concussion (10/31 He's Back!)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Sucks to hear about Josi--hopefully he's not out too long. Sucks even more to hear it was Downie that hit him. If it's not you guys, someone at some point this season will catch him napping. He's always been a headhunter and eventually it'll catch up to him if someone with a like mindset or really short temper takes offense to one of these kind of hits.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
question is, would Trotz do it?

I don't think he will.

We do have a player with this mentality though in Gaustad. He's not the best fighter but he can be physical, and he doesn't seem to care.
Trotz said something during the skate of the union about being harder to play against. He said if we get punched in the nose, then we're going to punch right back. We're not going to let teams just think it's going to be an easy game and that they can have their way with us. If you're going to play us, you're going to feel it.

There is a way to answer that hit without going over the line and I think Trotz will let the players go, but stress not crossing the line.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Grimson was on Nashville radio this morning. Something that caught my attenion. He said Stalberg and Josi injures do not appear to be out for a long time injuries. We knew that about Stalberg. Hopefully that holds true for Josi.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If this is really his fifth concussion or whatever horrid number it is, it must have been awfully minor for him to be back already. That is great news.

Pair him with Klein, and let Ekholm play with whoever wins the battle between Ellis and Bartley. No reason to break up Jones-Weber

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
If this is really his fifth concussion or whatever horrid number it is, it must have been awfully minor for him to be back already. That is great news.

Pair him with Klein, and let Ekholm play with whoever wins the battle between Ellis and Bartley. No reason to break up Jones-Weber

I agree with this, especially when he first gets back on the ice. I don't think shoving him into 23+ mins a game is doing anyone a favor. Frankly, I think Weber + Jones and Klein + Josi should stay that way for the foreseeable future barring other injuries or rookie setbacks. Josi played well with Klein in his first trip to the NHL.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I actually would prefer him to be on the 3rd line for the first game or two just to make sure he gets limited minutes, then move him up with Klein.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If he can't handle his usual minutes, then he can wait a few days. I'd hate to rush him in when he's not 100%. Rinne's out for a month, it's not like we're gearing up for a playoff push this second, so let him get back to 100% and pair him up with Klein or whoever. I don't think it'll take that long to shake the rust off.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
why break up Ekholm and Klein? If anything, lstick him with Ellis and protect his minutes for a while. Maybe get some 3rd pair production and let the Klein unit be primarily a checking pair

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
why break up Ekholm and Klein? If anything, lstick him with Ellis and protect his minutes for a while. Maybe get some 3rd pair production and let the Klein unit be primarily a checking pair

A few games to ramp him back up is fine, but if we put Roman &%*#ing Josi on the third pairing permanently I am going to lose it. The guy could play top pairing on most teams, so there is no excuse to give him like 15 minutes a night with Ellis.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
A few games to ramp him back up is fine, but if we put Roman &%*#ing Josi on the third pairing permanently I am going to lose it. The guy could play top pairing on most teams, so there is no excuse to give him like 15 minutes a night with Ellis.

again, you probably need to stop being fixated on line numbers and pair numbers. Josi could play 18-20 min a night with Ellis as his ES mate.I think that would be good for him. I think you do that and you every other shift Weber in tight games and control Jones minutes as well.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
again, you probably need to stop being fixated on line numbers and pair numbers. Josi could play 18-20 min a night with Ellis as his ES mate.I think that would be good for him. I think you do that and you every other shift Weber in tight games and control Jones minutes as well.
hell no. ellis playing 20 mins a night and ill have a stroke

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Josi will be joining the team on the roadtrip according to PuckDaddy. I doubt they would do that unless they expected him to play at some point during it. Road trip extends from 10/31 to 11/15 so we'll see.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad