Injury Report: Roman Josi concussion (10/31 He's Back!)

SmashingPred

Oct 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Well one thing is clear now, the next time we play them, Trotz needs to put Hendricks, Nystrom and Clune all on the same line and all 3 need to make a direct B-line for Downie. At this point I don't care about suspensions, it's not like we don't have enough dept with the forwards.
While I agree we should let him feel some pain, I do not want our team to go full-blown borderline on him. It's always frustrating when your team is on the bad end of a call (at least I felt the NHL handled this situation wrong) but I don't want to become the goon retaliation squad. We're better than that. Have you noticed how people keep bringing up Weber's smash on Zetterberg in threads like Josi's on the main board?

But some pain? Hell yeah. Josi has been an amazing player for this team and Downie will have to answer the bell.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Downie won't answer the bell. He refused to go with Weber or Bourque immediately after the hit. He refused to go with Clune on the shift after emerging from the box. Refused to go with Nystrom in the 3rd. A hit where he led with a shoulder to the head where Shanny then said Josi's attempt to elude a shoulder pad to the face somehow mitigated Downie's action ... unbelievable on that end but our guys repeatedly confronted the offender.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Doubt it. They will give him a shot, but if Josi sees much time off from this, count on a call up so that Ellis can be benched.

Id bet Josi is going to be out for awhile, even if its just for precaution.

There will likely be a call up to put us back where we were, 7 dmen, but Ellis is the 7th dman for a reason, injuries happen. He will get tons of playing time from this im sure.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Id bet Josi is going to be out for awhile, even if its just for precaution.

There will likely be a call up to put us back where we were, 7 dmen, but Ellis is the 7th dman for a reason, injuries happen. He will get tons of playing time from this im sure.

I'd say he will be benched after 3-4 games unless he has totally turned his game around. Ellis is effective at anything but the power play point shots, mainly due to his small size.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
If it is true this is his fifth concussion, I wonder if Josi's 7 year contract had insurance implications. I think most everyone was pleased with the contract, but that might have been the huge asterisk that was forgotten.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Anyone know how long he was sidelined from his last concussion? Do you think Poile has been on the phone trying to make a deal for a minute eating dman?

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I still can't believe Downie didn't get a penalty on that hit, and find it even more unbelievable there was no supplemental discipline. It was a clear hit to the head where Downie clearly launched himself.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
More like do you think Poile regrets letting Piskula go 2 weeks ago? Wonder if they've contacted him.

We still have Piskula. He's in Milwaukee. Until we have an idea of how long Josi will be out Poile isn't going to out and get a D man. We'll call someone up first if Ellis is horrible.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
More like do you think Poile regrets letting Piskula go 2 weeks ago? Wonder if they've contacted him.

He's in Milwaukee and can be called up at any time.

I'm gonna guess we put Jones to the test and pair him up with Weber. Ellis can play limited minutes with Ekholm. Jones and Weber played a few shifts together after Josi's injury and Jones has been putting up major ice time.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Well one thing is clear now, the next time we play them, Trotz needs to put Hendricks, Nystrom and Clune all on the same line and all 3 need to make a direct B-line for Downie. At this point I don't care about suspensions, it's not like we don't have enough dept with the forwards.
sign Reid Simpson on a one game contract

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
this is a horrible thing.

i'd bet we see Jarvinen be the call up and if Josi is gonna miss significant time, I could see poile making a trade for someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->