Injury Report: Roman Josi concussion (10/31 He's Back!)

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 27m
Josi does have a concussion. Confirmed

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 17m
#preds say Josi has a concussion

10/28 update, Josi cleared for contact, will make upcoming road trip, recovery tracking well

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
So who's the top ranked defenseman in the upcoming draft? Just for...uh, reference?

Much like this past year, there's a C, D, W at the top of the class. Reinhart, Ekblad, and Nylander respectively. Actually very similar to Mackinnon, Jones, and Drouin. #suckforsam

We got lucky last year in that none of Weber, Josi, or Klein missed significant time. Our D is not gonna be pretty as long as he is gone.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Hence why hits like Downie's need to be removed from the game. You'll hear the rah-rah crap about keep your head up, but Downie targeted Josi in a vulnerable situation and launched into him. There was no reason for Downie to paste Josi the way he did. No one is saying take all the checks out of the game, but something has to be done about plays like that one. Odd that so many Avs fans are rolling out the usual "good HOCKEY hit" but had beef with the Landeskog play. Speaking of which, you have to roll your eyes at the Shark's announcers during that hit.

At least Trotz and Poile will have the excuses lined up already.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Much like this past year, there's a C, D, W at the top of the class. Reinhart, Ekblad, and Nylander respectively. Actually very similar to Mackinnon, Jones, and Drouin. #suckforsam

We got lucky last year in that none of Weber, Josi, or Klein missed significant time. Our D is not gonna be pretty as long as he is gone.

Yeah. Time to see if Housley can work some magic. If Ekholm and Ellis are going to be legit, now is the time for them to show it (I like what I've seen from Ekholm so far though).

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
"but it'll all be ok once we're healthy."

This team is never gonna be 100% healthy. We can't just count on that to fix things, because people are just gonna keep getting hurt as more come back.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Ellis has got to step up right now. He's got his chance now. Jones and Ekholm have played well I'm more worried about Ellis. Who do you pair with Ellis? Bartley? Ekholm? Jones is going to play with Weber or Klein. I doubt they call anyone up right now as they'll see how Josi is recovering. We are going to see how good of a coach Housley is now.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Ellis has got to step up right now. He's got his chance now. Jones and Ekholm have played well I'm more worried about Ellis. Who do you pair with Ellis? Bartley? Ekholm? Jones is going to play with Weber or Klein. I doubt they call anyone up right now as they'll see how Josi is recovering.

Weber-Ellis
Jones-Klein
Ekholm-Bartley

Weber-Jones
Klein-Ekholm
Ellis-Bartley

SmashingPred

Oct 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Super sad about this, I hope Josi feels better soon...

I can't help but be frustrated why people think Downie didn't leave the ice prior to contact? I have watched every angle on my GCL through the slow-mo option and every time I see Downie jump into Josi. I think people have the point of contact wrong, because Josi is falling back and the contact isn't until Downie is almost horizontal and I feel like people are missing that part. Unless of course I really am looking through Preds-colored glasses, but I can't see anything different than what I'm stating here.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Welcome to adversity. How this team reacts will define this season.

Yup, how the team reacts and how the coaches react will tell the tale. Some of the fan base have apparently already given up.:help::help:

It is time for the team and coaches to ratchet up the toughness. Time to show that it isn't just words.

I do think it will be interesting to see if they put Ellis with Weber. I actually think he'll do okay there(for the short term), and they should leave the other pairings alone. Time for Ellis to sink or swim

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Well one thing is clear now, the next time we play them, Trotz needs to put Hendricks, Nystrom and Clune all on the same line and all 3 need to make a direct B-line for Downie. At this point I don't care about suspensions, it's not like we don't have enough dept with the forwards.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Yup, how the team reacts and how the coaches react will tell the tale. Some of the fan base have apparently already given up.:help::help:

It is time for the team and coaches to ratchet up the toughness. Time to show that it isn't just words.

I do think it will be interesting to see if they put Ellis with Weber. I actually think he'll do okay there(for the short term), and they should leave the other pairings alone. Time for Ellis to sink or swim

Some gave up before the game started in St Louis.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So what is the typical missed games for concussions? a week.. 2 weeks.. a month... half a season?

with josi's history. .. im scared to speculate to be quite honest.

my guess is he is either back in a few weeks or done till february. concussions are a case to case thing. history plays a big role in the level of apprehension to get back out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->