Friedman: Roman Josi’s contract number starts with 9

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I guess it will be another "how did Poile pull this one off" contract. Josi could retire in NSH and he'll be paid well to do so..

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
As a Jets fan, I sure hope so!

Honestly, could be that the reason it's supposedly going to start with a 9 is that Poile doesn't want to pay him until age 38.

Someone is probably dumb enough to pay 9x7 on the open market, but I doubt it's a contender.

I can also see there being a bit of willingness on Poile's part to sort of make up for how drastically he's overperformed compared to his salary so far. No other GM has any sense that they kinda owe him one. Seems like it's in his best interests to remain a Mustard Tiger.

How would Nashville fans feel about 9x6?
I don't think there's any real consensus in Nashville. I'd take 8x8, but if the contract really did start with a 9, the for sure I'd want the term limited to 5 or 6. Some would cheerfully sign him for 8 years at $10M, though. I think the only real consensus is that we're all very confident that he'll be signed.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Also this.

Like I'm glad people are starting to clue in to the fact that Josi isn't great defensively (something us Preds fans have known since he's got here) but I feel like some of ya'll are being so self-congratulatory about coming to this realization that he's now suddenly become completely void of any defensive play at all. :laugh:

He's somewhere between average and above average defensively but he's not bad.
Here's the truth. Josi last season was on the ice for 77 goals against at even strength, Doughty 93, Pietrangelo 71, Burns 90, Seth Jones 92, Eric Karlsson 61 (in only 53 games). That's with Ryan Ellis as his partner.
He's also in the top 20 of all defensemen in short handed time.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCBdude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad