Friedman: Roman Josi’s contract number starts with 9

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
9-10M sound pretty fair for both sides - Poile is an expert negotiator though so we'll see.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
My prediction is that the contract is over $900M.

giphy.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Josi is a great dman, no question.

Its just kind of ironic that he is, for all intents and purposes, the ‘great offense, suspect defense’ guy that people mischaracterized Karlsson and Subban as for so many years.

Which is fine, there’s more than one way for a dman to have elite impact.

But he’s never really been criticized the same way for it.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Its just kind of ironic that he is, for all intents and purposes, the ‘great offense, suspect defense’ guy that people mischaracterized Karlsson and Subban as for so many years.

Karlsson probably leads the NHL in primary assists to the other team every year, he is not all that mischaracterized

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anything under 10 would still be a bargain imo
Especially for a guy who made just 28 mill on a 7 year deal. Compared to AP for the Blues who made $17.5 mill more over the same time frame.

Highest cap hit Dmen are RK at $11.5 and DD at $11. Then you get to PK Subban at $9. Then down to $8.25 for OEL.

based on those comparables he’s certainly able to command $10 mill.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

idk I feel like most people know this at this point. Preds fans for sure are aware of this and many people would point it out during the playoffs. Ekholm is the defensive conscious behind our whole unit.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Is the cap supposed to stagnate this year? It could make for a very interesting offseason if that’s the case.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I have some good insider info that actually confirms this rumour. Apparently Josi has some unusual asks, but Nashville is willing to give him the majority of what he wants:

Nine ladies dancing;
eight maids-a-milking;
seven swans-a-swimming;
Six geese-a-laying;
five Golden rings;
four calling birds;
Three French hens;
two turtle doves;
And a partridge in a pear tree.

Apparently these are fairly common bargaining requests in Switzerland, so we probably shouldn't judge before learning more about what other cultures value most.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->