GDT: (Rolling Preseason GDT) Game P7 - STL@CBJ - 9/29, 5pm (FSGO, bluejackets.com)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kind of frustrating. Im guessing especially for a guy like Bemstrom that wanted another chance to show he belongs even though I would expect him to be on the team

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Lovely, those STH who had tickets to today's game will be given a regular season game to make up for it while I still had to pay regular season prices for an earlier preseason game.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I'm likely going to end up missing this one, as we're doing a family get-together for Erev Rosh HaShanah that I didn't know about until, oh, two hours ago. Whee!

So, um, yeah. Have fun, y'all.
I think I say this to you every year: L'Shanah Tova! May the new year be a sweet year for you and your family!

Reactions: Viqsi and leesmith

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
What is your complaint? How are you wronged?
I believe the complaint is that preseason games are not equal to regular season games and I despise the fact that as a plan holder of a season ticket package that I have to pay full price for a game nobody wants to go to. Those people who had tickets to this game that was canceled will be compensated with a regular season game in its place that actually means something.

I'm not mad at them or the situation. I just think that preseason games should be largely discounted to encourage more attendance and draw in more fans. Especially for those who can't afford to go to regular season games. That being said, quarter season ticket holders who had tickets for this game will end up with 11 regular season games while those who had tickets to one of the other preseason games will end up with 10 regular season and 1 worthless preseason game. I know it's not their fault and it is an unfortunate situation. They will just end up better off in the long run. I'm basically just ranting a mindless complaint of how much I hate having to pay for preseason games.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well, the obvious way to make it worth less is to give away tickets to a Friday night home game ;)
I'm kidding. I think this was a nice gesture from the club. Especially since many STH also paid in advance for parking that we didn't get to use.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kind of frustrating. Im guessing especially for a guy like Bemstrom that wanted another chance to show he belongs even though I would expect him to be on the team

Pre-season is stupid long anyways. Guys just want the real games to start, and given that Bemstrom is a lock to make the team I bet he feels the same way.

I've heard the suggestion a few times to cut the pre-season in half and start the regular season two weeks earlier, so the Cup gets awarded in May. Good idea in my opinion. Hopefully it will help the ice quality in the playoffs.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm still trying to find out what could have caused that cancellation. The game was scheduled for 5pm. I got the text message announcing the cancellation at about 3pm.

How does that happen? I'm guessing that an NHL team scheduled for a 5pm puck drop isn't touching down at the airport at 2:15. I would have figured they would have already been in town, and any issues with the plane would have been more about getting out of town the next day.

But what the hell do I know?

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I'm still trying to find out what could have caused that cancellation. The game was scheduled for 5pm. I got the text message announcing the cancellation at about 3pm.

How does that happen? I'm guessing that an NHL team scheduled for a 5pm puck drop isn't touching down at the airport at 2:15. I would have figured they would have already been in town, and any issues with the plane would have been more about getting out of town the next day.

But what the hell do I know?

I'm holding out hope that this was to save face because the pilot did something embarrassing like flying to D.C. instead of Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->