Socks, you’re pretty toasted tonight.
Cheers to you friend.

2elc809.jpg
Love seeing folks drinking Land Grant!

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
First power play unit is in midseason form, taking 30 seconds to get set up, giving up shorthanded chances and then flinging passes ten feet wide of defensemen to lose the zone.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I don’t think it’s possible for the Jackets to look worse than they have so far in these preseason games. This. Is. Brutal.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Powerplays aside, there have been some nice plays. Husso is just stopping everything. That Panarin - Wennberg - Panarin - Jones passing sequence was sweet.

Reactions: teddygmr

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Still in pre season form. No flow. Hoping this rust wears off before 10/4.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
No offensive systems that I can see. PP and PK look the same as he beginning of last season. Goalies look horrible. No worries. It's just the preseason. So when do they turn on the "We are a good team" switch.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

major major

Feb 18, 2013
They'll look better when they shorten the bench and focus on systems. We'll see a big round of cuts soon.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We went perfect in 2015/2016 then started terribly. We also won all but one preseason game in 2011-2012 and ended up dead last in the league.

I don't put any stock into preseason performances. If anything, a dose of reality should make them realize that making the playoffs won't come easily this season.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I know pre-season as a whole means nothing but trends in play can somethings be a sign of things to come. Today was a power play unit of basically all roster players who could do nothing to set up on the power play.

I think worst case scenario for this team is to play October with a 4-7 or worse record in October with 2 star players who don't seem to be interested in playing here next season and a head coach who just signed an extension for 2 more years after making no significant roster changes in the off season other than letting a few players walk for nothing and a couple of them should have been resigned

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Wild Bill had a dreadful pre-season last year according to Vegas fans. Bob didn't look good last pre-season either. These games mean less than nothing.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I know pre-season as a whole means nothing but trends in play can somethings be a sign of things to come. Today was a power play unit of basically all roster players who could do nothing to set up on the power play.
\

I've been watching a lot of games (man did I miss hockey!), and I think our camp is just shifted later compared to a lot of clubs. Not in terms of the dates of the whole thing, but we still haven't done anything with systems which is unusual. I just watched a Jets game and they did their exact PP setup from last year, both units. The Jackets didn't follow any particular strategy on their PP - I highly doubt they put any planning into it.

after making no significant roster changes in the off season other than letting a few players walk for nothing and a couple of them should have been resigned

So Cole and Vanek count as minuses but Nash and Duclair don't count as adds?

Reactions: Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I've been watching a lot of games (man did I miss hockey!), and I think our camp is just shifted later compared to a lot of clubs. Not in terms of the dates of the whole thing, but we still haven't done anything with systems which is unusual. I just watched a Jets game and they did their exact PP setup from last year, both units. The Jackets didn't follow any particular strategy on their PP - I highly doubt they put any planning into it.
They didn't, if you read that last article about Shaw and how our PK will work this year, he said they will start playing/setting systems "some time early this week."

I just watched a Jets game and they did their exact PP setup from last year, both units.
and it's still gorgeous. :)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is fun. I like the camera angle.

I wouldn't be running around like Anderson was - no need to kill anyone until game 1.

They're skating much better tonight so far.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad