GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8 | at Chicago | 9/29 8PM | NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
This is what makes his refusal to play for Cleveland so maddening. He could get a full season on the small ice under his belt up here before he makes his NHL debut.

At this point it doesn't even matter if he wants to play for Cleveland or not, he can't play in the AHL this season since he has one year left on his contract with Djurgården. There is an agreement between NHL and the Swedish hockey federation that players drafted outside the first round can't play in the AHL if they have a contract with a team in Sweden when they sign.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

major major

Feb 18, 2013
At this point it doesn't even matter if he wants to play for Cleveland or not, he can't play in the AHL this season since he has one year left on his contract with Djurgården. There is an agreement between NHL and the Swedish hockey federation that players drafted outside the first round can't play in the AHL if they have a contract with a team in Sweden when they sign.

That's very interesting, thanks for the info. I wonder how these agreements come about. The NHL execs are not a friendly bunch.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Good lord has our defense been brutal this game . Allowing a behind the net , to no one covering the guy between the circles

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, Berube isn't good. Korpisalo was OK, but he let in some bad ones too.

Bjorkstrand was OK. Aside from his goals he was kind of invisible.

PLD was good.

Dubinsky and Anderson weren't very good.

Thurkauf and Collins were brutal. As was the defense in general.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I only watched the second half.

I'd add that Jenner drew at least a couple penalties and was a pain for the Pens all over the ice.

And Stenlund and Robinson are both really good distributors. Hopefully they have more development in them. We need more guys like that.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

PLD was good.

Hat-trick.. 3 goals. +1. 8 SOG.

“Bjorkstrand was OK”

0 points. -2. 1 SOG. 47% faceoffs.

“PLD was good”.

..... lol. okay.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hat-trick.. 3 goals. +1. 8 SOG.

“Bjorkstrand was OK”

0 points. -2. 1 SOG. 47% faceoffs.

“PLD was good”.

..... lol. okay.

So you didn't watch?

Bjorkstrand's goals were great (2 PPG). Especially the second one on a fantastic shot. The third one was on a great net front move and he roofed it. It was nice. However, aside from the powerplay (all in the late 2nd/3rd BTW) he was just there.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bjorkstrand was OK.

tenor.gif

Reactions: CBJSTH

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Game was pretty bad today. Yeah Bjork's goals were nice, that's about all. I would say dead legs are here still. Pens out skated Jackets and won most loose pucks today. Thurkauf got abused in front of Pen's net today getting put on his ass numerous times. Forgettable game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
In other news , bubble wrap Murray appears to be injured worse than thought , and considered to be more than a day to day situation

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
So you didn't watch?

Bjorkstrand's goals were great (2 PPG). Especially the second one on a fantastic shot. The third one was on a great net front move and he roofed it. It was nice. However, aside from the powerplay (all in the late 2nd/3rd BTW) he was just there.

Yes, I watched.
And no, it wasn’t hard at all to see that Bjorky played ten notches better than just “OK”.

But it’s pre-season.... so.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Do... do we suck again? Is it rust? Wtf mate?

Also, in full disclosure, I have been drinking. And I’ve not seen the games.

TL;DR I’m drunk and haven’t watched shit.

Also hi everyone. Long time no real talk. Hope everyone had a nice summer. Mine was good.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yes, I watched.
And no, it wasn’t hard at all to see that Bjorky played ten notches better than just “OK”.

But it’s pre-season.... so.

I don't want to pick a fight over a meaningless pre-season game. So I'll let it go, but scoring goals (even 3) doesn't mean he played a good game. He was OK.

TL;DR I’m drunk and haven’t watched ****.

Also hi everyone. Long time no real talk. Hope everyone had a nice summer. Mine was good.

Nah. We have typically sucked during pre-season since Torts has been here. Didn't we go perfect in the pre-season in Richards 0-8-0 year? Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned. The games don't matter.

But hello and welcome back.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I don't want to pick a fight over a meaningless pre-season game. So I'll let it go, but scoring goals (even 3) doesn't mean he played a good game. He was OK.

Nah. We have typically sucked during pre-season since Torts has been here. Didn't we go perfect in the pre-season in Richards 0-8-0 year? Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned. The games don't matter.

But hello and welcome back.
Lol ah the Richie years. You’re right. Preseason is meaningless.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

TL;DR I’m drunk and haven’t watched ****.

Socks, you’re pretty toasted tonight.
Cheers to you friend.

2elc809.jpg

Reactions: Socks

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
[/QUOTE

PLD was good.

Bjorkstrand needs to go in front of the net and screen for Jenner more.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Socks, you’re pretty toasted tonight.
Cheers to you friend.

2elc809.jpg
Yes. Was much drunk. Feeling it today. Not in my 20s anymore. Nor my early 30s lol.

On topic sounds like Murr won’t be available for the balance of preseason and probably the start of regular season. Let’s all try to contain our shock. I love that kid, I’m a Murray-injury defender, but damn maybe we really do need to wrap him in bubble wrap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad