Injury Report: Rolling NFL injury thread

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Falcons have lost both safties and their MLB. Two of which were pro bowlers. The defense and probably their season is done.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Those are some tough injuries for the Rams, especially on a short week. For the Vikings I can't imagine anyone got seriously hurt no-showing against the Bills but Waynes did leave the game with a knee injury.

Griffen had a knee injury that wasn't expected to be serious but there might be some other issue there. He wasn't on the sideline due to a "personal matter" and there are all kinds of rumours about what that might be. None of them are good either and the local media isn't touching it right now.

Cook said he feels good though and is expected back this week but you never know with hamstrings.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
He has been the Saints best CB so far with Lattimore in a sophomore slump and Crawley/Williams looking like hot garbage. Not good.

I do like Justin Hardee as an outside CB, with Lattimore playing the slot as need be, but that just means you have a lot more moving pieces in the secondary and they haven't been able to get their shit together as it is.

Went from having what looked like 8 solid CBs in preseason to now having to sign somebody off the street. Talk about mismanaging the depth chart. Never should've cut Maulet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Eagerly awaiting GKJ's thoughts. :popcorn:

The same that I would say about Andrew MacDonald when he got hurt last year. I'm sure he's a good locker room guy at this point given he's lasted this long without any real talent. The team commits to being a worse team than they otherwise could be, and it's unfortunate that it takes an injury to change course. Unlike the past, he wasn't a starter, and he was made to look good last year by an ace defensive coordinator who knows how to use personnel. He hasn't been the problem Ken Crawley has been, mainly because he isn't any better than Robinson already is.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

At least Peters escaped a significant injury, but this is a huge blow to that secondary.

Especially since they struggle to rush the passer because they've got no one on the edges. Talib and Peters were so good that they could cover that up. So for the next 2-4 weeks, they'll have back ups at both corner spots. Not good for a team with super bowl aspirations.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Its a short term blow but they still play in terrible division so this likely wont hurt them in regard to playoffs
Can the rams travel in the playoffs? The D can. Can Goff and the offense? That’s the main concern is not landing home field. Atlanta, New Orleans and minny play in domes. Just Philly plays outdoors. See if either Chicago or Green Bay win their division along with Carolina in the south. Weather can be an issue for those outdoor cities.

Rams will easily win their division. No Jimmy in SF. Rookie QB in AZ. And Wilson still running for his life and they have the Thomas situation.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Good news for Chargers is that they have a fairly easy schedule coming up

vs SF
vs Oak
@ Cle
vs Ten

On other hand its the Chargers though and they have tendency to do Charger things like lose games to teams they are supposed to beat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Walkthrough? Was it hanging by a thread?

Any word on whether it's the same knee he tore in college? He got hurt in their bowl game. Dropped him from a possible late first, but more likely a 2nd round pick down to a day 3 pick.

He and Jaylen Smith are reasons players are beginning to skip non-title bowl games. Which I understand.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Any word on whether it's the same knee he tore in college? He got hurt in their bowl game. Dropped him from a possible late first, but more likely a 2nd round pick down to a day 3 pick.

He and Jaylen Smith are reasons players are beginning to skip non-title bowl games. Which I understand.

That says left now and this says right then

Butt says college players deserve to be paid

I've read that this tends to happen since there's an imbalance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad