Roller Hockey Skates

Dawn77

Nov 16, 2006
Devils Suck, Fl
I'm thinking of getting a set of roller hockey skates because ice time is so freaking expensive in florida and I have a giant carpot/lot in front of my house that is smooth as silk. I wear a 7D in CCM's for ice, same size for roller?

MacBeatsPang

Oct 25, 2006
ok im planning on buying these skates...seem like a great price

http://hockeymonkey.com/rshelium750sr.html

does any one have feed back on them...more importantly what does D mean in terms of sizing?

not sure whether you took the plunge on these yet but i do know some people who have had trouble with the newfangled eyelets breaking on the mission 05 season skates. they went back to standard/traditional eyelets in 06 as a result.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
ok im planning on buying these skates...seem like a great price

http://hockeymonkey.com/rshelium750sr.html

does any one have feed back on them...more importantly what does D mean in terms of sizing?

I bought HE750's a year ago. I'm already using them as street hockey skates. The plastic pieces holding the laces, I broke 2 of them last winter in the span of 3 weeks. I bought a pair of RBK 4K's, bought custom wheels and bearings, and I like them a lot so far. Still getting used to the different chassis, but there's nothing wrong going for RBK skates. the 4K's I spent $130, and spent $70 on new wheels. The Wicked 7's are nice, but they have rink rats on them, which is what I took off my 4K's because they're 76A and don't grip as well as I like.

budster

Schoolyard Puck
I've used Missions and Bauers but I just don't like the traditional "wobbliness" they have to offer. I have some older Roces that have lasted forever. They have the stiffness of a traditional rollerblade boot, but the rocker and wheel size for hockey. Not sure how easy they'd be to find nowdays though...

wearethegreek

Sep 27, 2009
New Jersey
I've used Missions and Bauers but I just don't like the traditional "wobbliness" they have to offer. I have some older Roces that have lasted forever. They have the stiffness of a traditional rollerblade boot, but the rocker and wheel size for hockey. Not sure how easy they'd be to find nowdays though...

Thread necrooooooo.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
sexiest looking skate:

Reebok 6K Pump

RH6K-big.jpg

looks great indeed!

member 30781

I first started playing with Mission skates. But they always jabbed into my ankles.

I switched to Tour's and have never looked back. The most comfortable skate out there in my personal opinion.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
I had a pair of Missions snap at the chasis this year. I got a new chasis put on both boots, and then the chasis ripped the heel clean off both boots during a game about 3 months later.

I picked up Bauer Vapor RX:25's a few months ago and I like them far better than my old Missions.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
WOW this is an old thread!

A touch off topic, but do people feel practicing on rollers is good cross training for hockey? Despite playing for a long ass time my ice hockey shot is still not quite where I'd like it to be, especially my snap shot, was considering investing in some roller blades and street pucks to practice shooting, think it's worth it?

member 30781

WOW this is an old thread!

A touch off topic, but do people feel practicing on rollers is good cross training for hockey? Despite playing for a long ass time my ice hockey shot is still not quite where I'd like it to be, especially my snap shot, was considering investing in some roller blades and street pucks to practice shooting, think it's worth it?

Shooting maybe worth it.

Skating is DEFINITELY not worth it. I only play roller and ice is almost impossible for me to transition to. I developed some bad habits in roller hockey that you can't use in ice, especially when I need to stop.

But shooting might work ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad