Roller Hockey Skates

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
can someone help me out here im looking to get a new pair of skates and i have no preference towards any brand. right now i have nike but thats only because they were on a super cheap discount at a closing store.

i guess im looking for the best skates out there for under $200 id rather keep it under $100 but i have a feeling that would lower the performance significantly.

any advice...

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I just bought Mission Wicked 7's for $200 that I really like.

Mission Wicked 7s are awesome for 200 bucks. Also try looking at the Mission HE3500 or HE5500s on closeout. There are some 7500s, 9500s, and 10000s floating around out there under 200 bucks on hockeygiant.com, hockeymonkey.com, inlinewarehouse.com, etc. All of those models will serve you very well. Give that a shot.

rollerhockeymonkey.com also has HE750s on closeout. They are pretty good, for 139.99, I think.

You can also try Tour skates. Nike Bauers are no good, unless you can pick up some Hi-Ho Silvers. Those are excellent.

www.modsquadhockey.com, go to the Roller Equipment section for your needs. ;)

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Tour has for a little while now been the leader in roller hockey skates so you may want to check them out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you're looking cheap, i.e. under a hundred, stay awaaaaaay from Mission.

Every cheap pair of missions I've had has been the same problem. Pressure points all along my feet, generally uncomfortable plastic feeling to the interior. Don't get me wrong, mid-high end missions are great skates.

Then again we're talking a year ago here, there might be some great Mission skates on close outs.

I'm looking for new ice skates now and I strongly recommend what I'm doing, try on every possible pair in your price range.

If you do order online, all the websites listed from hockeygiant hockeymonkey and inlinewarehouse are great, I've ordered from them all. I really like hockeygiant. They usually give out some free junk for orders above a certain price, and their shipping was super fast for me.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Grab a close-out model. I'm looking at Tour's Blue Beemer skates on E-bay, but I already know they'll fit my feet. It's just a matter of whether or not I'll like the Hum'mer. Best idea is to try on as many as possible in your range and go with what fits best.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
I bought a set of Mission 9500's for 280 and its been a couple months, but they are so far a very light/comfortable set of skates

I have a problem breaking chassis, and I've yet to break these yet.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
thanks guys...

i found a pair of Tour G-90 skates and i have a couple of questions:

Im a 9US shoe size and the skates are a 8W would these fit?

does anyone have any info on this specific skate? like comfort, durability, and overall performance...

thanks again

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
I usually go a size and a half down but I think that's preference. It also varies from brand to brand and I've never worn Tour in my life =[.

Try to find a store carrying any Tour skates and try on that size.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
99% of all inline skates are garbage, especially Bauer and Mission.

I know you have a budget, but in the end it is well worth customizing your skates.

If you want a good pair of inline skates, you need to buy a high end pair of ice skates, and then get a top end frame mounted on them.

There is a huge difference between buying off the shelf rollerblades and customized ones.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I bought a set of Mission 9500's for 280 and its been a couple months, but they are so far a very light/comfortable set of skates

I have a problem breaking chassis, and I've yet to break these yet.

Good luck.. I broke the chassis on my 7500's.

I would look for last year's model of missions in the 7500s or 9500s because you can get a damn good skate for a more reasonable price.

I'm not sure about the wicked 7s but I have the wicked 1s and they're awesome. They're stiff as hell though but I hear the 7 isn't nearly as stiff.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Tour has for a little while now been the leader in roller hockey skates so you may want to check them out.

That's good to know, I just bought a pair of Tour skates a couple weeks ago. I think they're from a couple years ago, and they were expensive, but they were also the only pair in the store (and therefore, the entire city) that fit my feet.

It's good to be able to play some sort of hockey again here, but inline skating just makes me miss ice hockey all that much more.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
99% of all inline skates are garbage, especially Bauer and Mission.

I know you have a budget, but in the end it is well worth customizing your skates.

If you want a good pair of inline skates, you need to buy a high end pair of ice skates, and then get a top end frame mounted on them.

There is a huge difference between buying off the shelf rollerblades and customized ones.

For my money no skate is better for roller hockey than Mission. They are always lighter than the other skates, especially Tour, CCM's and Reeboks. Just pick up a pair of the $500 Reeboks and then pick up a pair of $500 Missions. Huge difference. I use Easton for ice though, Mission ice skates just don't have the same technology.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
sexiest looking skate:

Reebok 6K Pump

RH6K-big.jpg

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Right now I use 7 year old CCM452 Tacks for skates.... If I upgrade in the near future, I'm buying those Reebok 6K's...

$249

abe jr

Jun 8, 2004
grab a nice ice boot, and throw some Sprungs on them. Ive been playing Roller for 15 years, my bauer vapor xx and sprungs are the best setup I have ever used.

www.sprunghockey.com

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I play for RBK Detroit. The easy choice for me to say, would be go with RBK. However, unless you are going with the 8k, you really arent getting a great skate. The 6k is ok for its price range, the wheels, bearings and chassis are all nice, but the boot, in my opinion, is a little weak. Mission have a solid line this year, and have some decent price ranges. However, their skates are very stiff, and have had some break-in issues this year. Tour are also solid throughout the line. If I were you, I wouldnt buy anything below a Code-Red. I am personally skating in Code-E2's and I love them. Coming from someone who always skated in a hi-lo chassis, I feel the Hum'er (all 80mm wheels) gives me an edge in the speed department. Turning doesnt feel as if it took a hit.

Really, you need to go with what fits well. Keeping that in mind, along with your budget, should help you find the perfect skate for you. Lastly, dont buy online if you have a store in your area. At the store you can get a good fit from a professional, and the prices are pretty much the same. Plus, they will bake your skates, and you dont have to pay for shipping. Shopping at local hockey shops keeps our game going!

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
ok im planning on buying these skates...seem like a great price

http://hockeymonkey.com/rshelium750sr.html

does any one have feed back on them...more importantly what does D mean in terms of sizing?

My friend just bought a pair of those from HockeyMonkey. Pretty good skates, great price. They are the Missions from 2 years ago, but they are still good esp. if you're starting out.

One of the posters above mentioned using an ice boot and a Sprung chassis. They are great, but it does take some work to fit well. If you aren't familiar with skate chassis work, stick with a roller skate first before you do that.

D, as the previous poster said, is the regular width. E/EE = wider by about a quarter inch, C = thinner. Regular people will be fine with D, esp. since you can heat mold these skates.

JBernierFan

Drink up!
Jul 10, 2006
San Diego
I'm also looking into getting new skakes. I have old CCM Tacks (have had them for about 10 years now) and loved them but they're just breaking down now. They don't give me the comfort of what I'm used to and the back is breaking down which is causing my heel to slip.

I was looking between the Tour Code E-2's, CCM Vector 8.0's which are both $299 at hockeygiant and the Rbk 6K pumps which are $250. I was talking to one of HockeyGiant's reps online and for the money, taking into account speed and support, they said to go with the Rbk 6k pumps. I just wanted to get everyone's take on it before I make the $250-$300 leap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->