Roller Hockey Adult Leagues

12 oz Papa*

I'm only 23, so I'm on the younger side of my adult league.

I play hard, but not dirty or cheap.

Yet, for example, last night some older gent was skating backwards towards me so I just gave him a little bump so he would go away and he flips out and starts pushing me and yelling in my face.

Then later in the game, another older fella' is screening our goalie so I'm moving him out and he starts freaking out on me and yelling for the ref to call something.

These are only two examples (of MANY that I can recall) of this attitude from older men that I've experienced in about 5 years playing in adult rec.

I just do not get it. You'd think younger people would have attitude problems, not these old, "more mature" fellas.

Can someone explain it to me? I certainly don't want it to go away though, they're so easy to get all riled up and off their game!

thedoc1019

Nov 16, 2009
Florida
it sounds like the guys you play with expect to be not touched in a contact sport.

The guys in my Adult League, all play aggressive.It's a no checking league but all of his bump each other and cause commotion in front of the net.It's part of the sport.

What is the level of hockey and what are the rules?No hitting?

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Sounds like you're playing with the stereotypical roller hockey player. They're allowed to dish it, but don't you dare give it back, because that's a penalty! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad