Roll Call Thread

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Retired
Born: Edmonton
Current: The valley since 90 except for a year in Costa Mesa.
Favorite past Coyote: Tkachuk
Now: Garland
Most hated Coyotes: Mike Smith, Boedker.
Sports: 1 NHL 2 PGA 3 NFL.
Car: Turbo Buick View attachment 399635

Movies: Science Fiction.
TV: Letterkenny, reminds me of home.
Music: 70's and 90's, the 80's was disco and mostly forgettable.

"most hated coyotes" LOL...you just had to volunteer that. :eek:

Reactions: SniperHF

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My co-worker from Louisiana, who could care less about hockey and almost all sports, was the one who got me into that show finally (I had heard of it, but never spent the free trial on Hulu)...he comes into my office gushing about it, describing it, how the "hockey guys say things like 'wheelie dingle dangle'"

"You mean 'wheel dangle snipe celly'?"

"YES!! You guys really talk like that!?" :laugh:

(and as you may have noticed above, my name coincides with one of the semi-main characters - he started exclusively pronouncing it like one of the other characters does)
Lol.
Might get weird around the office if he worships you, like Roald does to Stu-rt.
upload_2021-2-23_18-27-8.png

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Name: Jim
Height/Weight/Build: big boned
Currently residing in: Kootenays, BC
Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pets: 2 cats
Kids: 2 kids (Daughter - 27, Son 25)

Coyotes fan since: 1996 (followed the team when Winnipeg lost the Jets 1.0)
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Teppo Numminen
Favorite Current Coyote: Christian Dvorak
Favorite Non-Coyote: Kyle Connor
Other Sports: CFL, Soccer

Favorite Cuisine: Japanese then Italian
Favorite Beverage: Craft beer (way too many to choose one) or a Gin and Tonic (with lime)

Favorite Shows: Shameless, GOT, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Line of Duty (British), Bordertown (Finnish), Case (Danish)

Favorite Movies: Termintor series, Predator series, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series (Swedish version)

Favorite Books: A Good War by Seth Klein, The Artist's Way At Work by Mark Bryan, anything by John Grisham

Bonus (?) Grew up in Winnipeg. Played organized hockey from age 4 - 17. Mostly LW. Favourite player growing up was Bryan Trottier but I played a lot more like Clarke Gilles. Once led the league in goals, hits and penalty minutes.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Name: Grant
Height/Weight/Build: 6'2, 210
Currently residing in: Las Vegas (HMU if you ever come up for Yotes/Knights)
Hometown: Dallas

Coyotes fan since: 2013
Favorite All-Time Coyote: Keith Yandle
Favorite Current Coyote: Dvorak or Garland
Favorite Non-Coyote: Jamie Benn, Sidney Crosby
Most Hated Coyote: Mike Ribeiro. f*** that guy.
Other Sports: Soccer, MMA ... I've lived all over, so I have about 20 favorite teams

Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: pub food, sushi
Favorite Beverage: Lagers ... SunBru from Four Peaks (Tempe) or Las Vegas Lager from Big Dog (Nevada) or Gaffel (Cologne, Germany)
Favorite Shows: don't watch much TV ... Arrested Development, The X-Files, Sopranos
Favorite Podcasts: Dan Carlin Hardcore History, Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, Chael Sonnen (MMA news), Lore (mythology/ghost stories)
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Slapshot, Inglorious Basterds
Favorite Bands/Artists: Eminem, Freddie Gibbs, Tech N9ne and his whole roster, any kind of upbeat, beer-drinkin' country music
Favorite Books: Historical non-fiction stuff. Malcolm Gladwell
What vehicle type do you prefer?: sports cars
Guilty pleasure: Old video games maybe? I still have a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Dreamcast, XBox, Playstation 1, 2 and 3 ... during peak Covid lockdowns, things got serious

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
@AZviaNJ That’s a ton of Springsteen concerts! I guess the New Jersey handle makes sense haha. I like a bit of his music too. Haven’t checked out the new album yet though. Favourite song?

edit: Schitts is a great show as well! Just finished that a few weeks ago.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A lot of good car mentions so far. Let's have the lifetime lists from folks:

1st - ('02) 1991 Lexus ES 250 - This was an absolute beater
2nd - ('04) 1998 Ford Explorer - Loved it but totaled in in a bad wreck
3rd - ('06) 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic - Had fun in it, started nickel and diming me
4th - ('10) 2002 Ford Escape - No problems until the computer quit, couldn't pass county emissions
5th - ('12) 2013 Hyundai Elantra - First new car. Never had any issues with it. Shipped it to my wife's grandma in PA.
6th - Current - ('19) 2018 Genesis G80 - I've had it for a year and a half, and a year of that has been pandemic. So I've put like 6,000 miles on it in 18 months. haha. It's my first "nice" car.

7th - Future - I'm hoping to drive the G80 until it's at least 10 years old. So I can't really plan this very well, as I've got six years to go. I've got my eye on the Kia K5 GT. I might go that route when I no longer need car seats. But just because it's my favorite "value" pick out there right now, doesn't mean it will be in another 5+ years. LOL.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
1st car : 2002 lancer
2nd car: 2009 Evo
3rd car (parenthood): 2010 escape
4th car(s): 2017 Mazda CX-9 and 2020 RAV4

Trading in the RAV4 for a Tesla Model Y next year.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
1st - ('83) '80 Datsun B210 Hatchback with blue shag carpet in the back - my brother and I shared the car (we're twins) but he totaled it senior year
2nd - ('86) '85 Nissan Pickup
3rd - ('94) '92 Honda Accord
4th - ('00) '98 Lexus LS400 - best car that I've owned it was awesome
5th - ('02) '02 Ford Exploder - worst car that I've ever owned it was terrible - wife's car quit so she got the Lexus and I got the Exploder
6th Current - ('06) '06 Buick Enclave - 2nd best car that I've owned and still going strong 200K miles - got it for Kids Travel Hockey

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I can 100% describe him, he's a 6'4 biker looking guy, longer beard and hair, ginger, rides an Indian or some shit. I knew he wouldn't look like that but I read what he writes as if it was coming from that person.

You've always been a early 20's Asian American. I have no idea what your ethnic background is but in my head you're Asian.

That's awesome! :biglaugh:

I'm proud to have been envisioned an early 20's Asian American but I'm not nearly that cool. It's also extra hilarious since I'm about double that age and a 6'4" midwest whiteboy.

I feel like I’ve been pretty straightforward about being a soft bitch? Lol.
I remember a loooong time ago, in a thread far far away, you once commented that you thought I was a huge biker dude covered in tats or something along those lines. haha

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
A lot of good car mentions so far. Let's have the lifetime lists from folks:

1st - ('02) 1991 Lexus ES 250 - This was an absolute beater
2nd - ('04) 1998 Ford Explorer - Loved it but totaled in in a bad wreck
3rd - ('06) 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic - Had fun in it, started nickel and diming me
4th - ('10) 2002 Ford Escape - No problems until the computer quit, couldn't pass county emissions
5th - ('12) 2013 Hyundai Elantra - First new car. Never had any issues with it. Shipped it to my wife's grandma in PA.
6th - Current - ('19) 2018 Genesis G80 - I've had it for a year and a half, and a year of that has been pandemic. So I've put like 6,000 miles on it in 18 months. haha. It's my first "nice" car.

7th - Future - I'm hoping to drive the G80 until it's at least 10 years old. So I can't really plan this very well, as I've got six years to go. I've got my eye on the Kia K5 GT. I might go that route when I no longer need car seats. But just because it's my favorite "value" pick out there right now, doesn't mean it will be in another 5+ years. LOL.

Here’s my list in approximate order:

1991 Jeep Cherokee: decent first car for a 17 year old, I guess. Died when my mom borrowed it and overheated it.

1999 BMW 323i: favorite car I’ve driven. Wasn’t always exclusively mine to use, but I drove it regularly from 2002 until 2014.

2004 Scion Tc: meh. Don’t miss it.

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD: first bike. Was a blast for $800 even though I had to work on it all the time.

1991 Suzuki Katana: more trouble than it was worth. I converted it from carburetors to fuel injection and that became a nightmare. Eventually scrapped it and sold the parts.

2007 Dodge Caliber: meh. Didn’t like the CVT or traction control. Had some firing issues. I eventually wrecked it driving on ice.

2005 Subaru Forester: lovely car to drive. AWD was very useful in the snowy winters of northern Arizona. Required premium fuel and got mediocre fuel economy though.

2018 Volkswagen GTI: weird at first. Felt great to drive (other than FWD) when my husband tinkered with the clutch pedal’s resistance and travel. Then he installed a short shifter which still feels odd. Gets great fuel economy though, and the turbochargers don’t seem to lag as much as the Subaru. Probably digitally controlled in a manner that is beyond my understanding of how turbochargers interact with engines. Damn modern technology.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
  • 1st - 1994 Shadow: Decent little econobox, started having issues but I didn't take very good care of it so my fault. And of course being young I put rims and a stereo system in the car that was worth more than the car.
  • 2nd - 1997 Trans Am - My first love!!! I hated the day I sold it and always said in 40 years I'm going to be that older gent paying 10x the price I sold it for at Barret Jackson's.
  • 3rd - 2003 G35 Coupe - First ever brand new car and one of the first G35 Coupe's in AZ. I was pretty into the JDM at the time (hey YotesFan47, maybe that's where you got it from haha) and actually ran a G35/350Z car club for awhile.
  • 4th - 2008 F250 - Say what?! Killed my soul to go from my luxury sports car to a big lumbering truck but I like camping and riding ATV's in the mountain, I needed to bite the bullet and get a towing machine. I vowed that not long after it was paid off I would return to the land of fast.
  • 5th - 2015 Challenger Hellcat - My second ever brand new car and my return to the land of fast. An absolute beast of a machine, I've never ridden in anything that has such a sublime combination of scary power and sound but is still actually comfortable enough to daily.
  • 6th - ??? - I don't know...I'm all over the place...I kind of want a Cybertruck (so ugly it's awesome, plus I want to cruise and blast synthwave in it). I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Challenger Hellcat Redeye or move to the silky smooth handling new mid-engine Vette or an M4 because I've always loved them. Might even be time to bite the bullet and upgrade the towing machine again. Man I really just don't know, I wish I had Jay Leno's wallet because I love cars and because then I could get myself a Koenigsegg Agera or Aston Martin Vanquish!

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
1st car : 2002 lancer
2nd car: 2009 Evo
3rd car (parenthood): 2010 escape
4th car(s): 2017 Mazda CX-9 and 2020 RAV4

Trading in the RAV4 for a Tesla Model Y next year.
I'll reply to this one to list as there is some overlap

1- 1988 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (first job, no rent, drove my parents' beaters or nothing in college, so i splurged)
2- 1991 Toyota Tercel (Daytona blew up, had to go low)
3 - 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (moved to AZ, wanted something high clearance)
4 - 1997 Toyota RAV4 (wanted something cheaper than the GC)
5 - 2001 Mercedes SLK230 (got a big raise, kept the RAV for hockey gear)
6 - 2004 Subaru STi (traded in 4 and 5, most fun car I owned, makes me moosemeisters enemy due to evo vs sti war, so I understood)
7 - 2003 Hyundai Accent (long commute, so got 2nd car)
8 - 2009 Scion xB (sold sti, then accent got totaled by 20 yo chick on her phone rearending me)
9 - 2013 Mercedes GLK 350 (another splurge)
10 - 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
11 - 2018 Hyundai Kona 1.6T (very quick little CUV)

...And my next car will probably be next year, and a Tesla model Y.

More Cooley

yotes wagon
Jul 2, 2015
Sweden
Great thread! Thank you all for contributing to such a great, knowledgeable and friendly forum. I'm more of a reader than a poster here so reading through the threads is always interesting, although occasionally you'll get a swear word or five from me in the GDTs :)

Name: Jakob
Height/Weight/Build: 5'10, 175
Currently residing in: In the dark woods of Småland, Sweden (same state as Hammer and OEL)
Hometown: Nässjö, Sweden
Pets: One dog (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
Kids: Two daughters, aged 3 and 6
Coyotes fan since: ~1997

Got a fun anecdote, when I was a kid I used to play the hell out of NHL 98 with the Coyotes, so I wrote an actual physical letter and sent it to the Coyotes organization, mainly begging for autographs from Tkachuk and Roenick. A couple of months later I received a letter containing two larger trading cards with Tkachuk and Roenick on each of them along with their autographs. Sadly, I dont know where those cards are anymore but it's a fun memory.

Favorite All-Time Coyote: Tkachuk, Doan, Vermette
Favorite Current Coyote: Dvorak, Garland
Favorite Non-Coyote: Sidney Crosby
Other Sports: Football (soccer), I've also been playing floorball for a long time (google it!)
Favorite Cuisine/Restaurant/Dish: Tex-mex and Swedish husmanskost
Favorite Beverage: IPA and APA
Favorite Shows: Twin Peaks, Curb your Enthusiasm, The X-Files, The Office ("UK"), Trailer Park Boys
Favorite Movies: On the top of my head I enjoy watching the Dollars Trilogy, Dazed and Confused, Groundhog Day, Blade Runner, JFK, Heat and so many others
Favorite Books: Terry Pratchett, Antony Beevor and crime/conspiracy-themed books
Favorite Bands/Artists: Neil Young, Led Zep, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Kyuss etc. Fav album? Right now it's Wishbone Ash - Argus and Little Feat- Waiting for Columbus
What vehicle type do you prefer? All cars Saab
Guilty pleasure: Ben & Jerry's, video games and of course, Swedish fika (pictured below)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
First Car: 1978 Ford Fiesta, 5spd, German-made and fun to drive hard.

Coolest Car: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1. Chrome bumpers are underrated.
- Runner up: 1986 BMW 325. 5spd, Very underpowered. Pesky vacuum leak.

Best Handling: 1999 Mazda Miata, 5spd. Big grin the first time I drove it.

Worst Car. Early 80s Chevy Cavalier. Bought for $200 as a get-to-work hooptie.

Ugliest Car. 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport. Good soccer mom minivan

Most Relaible: '92 Civic, '08 Accord, '15 Pilot. Hondas just plain work.

Not a Car: 1984 Kawasaki GPZ 750. Crazy fast. Lucky I survived.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'll reply to this one to list as there is some overlap

1- 1988 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (first job, no rent, drove my parents' beaters or nothing in college, so i splurged)
2- 1991 Toyota Tercel (Daytona blew up, had to go low)
3 - 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee (moved to AZ, wanted something high clearance)
4 - 1997 Toyota RAV4 (wanted something cheaper than the GC)
5 - 2001 Mercedes SLK230 (got a big raise, kept the RAV for hockey gear)
6 - 2004 Subaru STi (traded in 4 and 5, most fun car I owned, makes me moosemeisters enemy due to evo vs sti war, so I understood)
7 - 2003 Hyundai Accent (long commute, so got 2nd car)
8 - 2009 Scion xB (sold sti, then accent got totaled by 20 yo chick on her phone rearending me)
9 - 2013 Mercedes GLK 350 (another splurge)
10 - 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
11 - 2018 Hyundai Kona 1.6T (very quick little CUV)

...And my next car will probably be next year, and a Tesla model Y.

Model Y is sick man. I drive about 30k miles a year so having a car I don't have to fill up on gas every few days is gonna be a game changer. haha

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Model Y is sick man. I drive about 30k miles a year so having a car I don't have to fill up on gas every few days is gonna be a game changer. haha

I could see buying an EV in a few years. I'm looking forward to the increased competition and options beyond Tesla.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I could see buying an EV in a few years. I'm looking forward to the increased competition and options beyond Tesla.

No doubt. Toyota announced two EVs by years end too. That’ll likely net you the $7500 federal credit too. I don’t plan on making a decision in 2021 so if someone else’s offering looks better there is no shame in going to a competitive brand.

My driving is typically within the valley so I don’t have to worry about super chargers or anything. If we do a long trip we take the CX9 either way.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No doubt. Toyota announced two EVs by years end too. That’ll likely net you the $7500 federal credit too. I don’t plan on making a decision in 2021 so if someone else’s offering looks better there is no shame in going to a competitive brand.

My driving is typically within the valley so I don’t have to worry about super chargers or anything. If we do a long trip we take the CX9 either way.

If my cryptocurrency "investments" take off I'm getting one of these:

2022-gmc-hummer-ev.jpg

Reactions: moosemeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->