Roll Call - All GM's Respond

HFNHL Red Wings

Hopefully you've all been validating your rosters and propect lists as per the Yahoo group messages sent out.

Before I get onto the primary subject of this thread please note that material changes to ratings are underway.
Prior to Free Agency a potential baseline file (DVHL) was distributed as a guide but there was a warning that there would be changes. After a review some deficiences were identified and in short there will be alot of ratings going lower as the average OV was way too high and even 4th liners/utility players were over 70OV.
As always when the modifications are finished a new file will be released and GM's will be given the opportunity to submit a fixed number of ratings challenges.

Now on to the main subject ...
This is the first year in recent memory where we're on track to start a season before Christmas (as sad as that is to admit) but there are some show stoppers that only you the GM's can address. Namely that is addressing of your rosters.

There are several teams that are 'incomplete' in terms of rosters and minimum number of players per position and that may increase when European and Retired players are removed. Until this is remedied there is no way to start a season.

The asks ...
(i) Get trading where necessary or if you have some quality prospects that can be signed do that (again be wary of the DVHL and assume that the player will be lower)
(ii) If you know of any qualified candiates for a GM spot please get them to send an application to Matt. There are no open vacancies yet but there is a possibility that may change if we have some better qualified candidates.
(iii) Every GM and AGM should respond to this post as a roll call and please include your preferred e-mail address so i can update the GM page where required.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Islanders are reporting for 2007 season

Drew,

We are looking forward to 2007 season although it will be rough year for Islanders with high payroll and mediocre team.

For those of you who are looking to fill the roster, Bryan Marchmant is available for next to nothing. He is still rated 71 and has only 1 year contract at reasonable salary.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
The Nashville Predators organization is fully active and eager to start the season.

Talking about trades, I'm calling Rich. I sent you an offer like 9 days ago and did not get an answer yet.

I also have an issue with my roster :(. Guys like Irbe, Tamer and Albelin have not retired officially (in fact Irbe has signed to play in Latvia), so my roster is bigger than 90 players. How can i adress that?

Finally I would like to sign Kari Lehtonen and Kurtis Foster, but I would prefer to keep them on my prospect roster if their ratings are not good enough to help my team. Should I just sign them and hope for the best??

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Sorry, thought I responded to that offer. Will do so when I get home.

Oh, btw, I am here.

1 Roster note Drew --- I should have my 2010 first round pick. Calgary got 2005,6,7,8,9 as compensation.

HFNHL Red Wings

Sorry, thought I responded to that offer. Will do so when I get home.

Oh, btw, I am here.

1 Roster note Drew --- I should have my 2010 first round pick. Calgary got 2005,6,7,8,9 as compensation.

Hmmm, wonder if the same is true for Ottawa. It was the same FA period that the Kovalchuk and Luongo RFA offers occurred correct?

HFNHL Red Wings

I also have an issue with my roster :(. Guys like Irbe, Tamer and Albelin have not retired officially (in fact Irbe has signed to play in Latvia), so my roster is bigger than 90 players. How can i adress that?

Finally I would like to sign Kari Lehtonen and Kurtis Foster, but I would prefer to keep them on my prospect roster if their ratings are not good enough to help my team. Should I just sign them and hope for the best??

The answer to the the first question is buyouts. Buyouts are allowed until the start of the season.

The second question is a tougher one to answer. Obviously if you don't have the minimum roster players (3 at each fwd poition, 6 dmen, and 2 goailes) I would say yes. If it's b/c you're not sure about meeting the minimum avg OV for your top 21 that is a gamble, especially if you're worried about being on the line. In the latter case you may want to explore trade options. Then again final ratings will be announced prior to any pre-season starting so you would have a small window of time to react but that may be risky.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
A couple roster things to point out for me, sorry if I was supposed to point them out earlier but getting back to school's a busy, stressful operation.

Three guys have gone to Europe: Alexander Korolyuk, Jiri Slegr and Zenon Konopka. None should be on my roster anymore.

On the other hand, Karel Rachunek is back from Europe. He should return to my roster.

Luc Robitaille retired, and should be removed.

Also, Patrick Eaves and Andrej Meszaros are going to be joining my team from my prospect list once their contracts are agreed upon/approved.

Excited to get the season going!

Sean.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
The answer to the the first question is buyouts. Buyouts are allowed until the start of the season.

The second question is a tougher one to answer. Obviously if you don't have the minimum roster players (3 at each fwd poition, 6 dmen, and 2 goailes) I would say yes. If it's b/c you're not sure about meeting the minimum avg OV for your top 21 that is a gamble, especially if you're worried about being on the line. In the latter case you may want to explore trade options. Then again final ratings will be announced prior to any pre-season starting so you would have a small window of time to react but that may be risky.

what about guys like irbe, bartecko and pettinen? all have gone to europe, can i release them as prospects?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Florida Panthers are here and ready to start the season.

Just waiting on some prospect contracts from Reggie (the likes of Svatos and Richards, etc) and also a trade confirmation from Rich regarding a deal with Dion and my roster will pretty much have its shape for the season.

Email is still the same at [email protected]

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hmmm, wonder if the same is true for Ottawa. It was the same FA period that the Kovalchuk and Luongo RFA offers occurred correct?

Hey Gang... I do think a mistake has been spotted.. I did in fact have the RFA picks in 2005... so it would be '05 thru 09 picks for BOTH of those teams.

Oh, and CGY is ready....

matthew kershaw @ [email protected]
although you will find me on msn best at [email protected]

ALSO: I am compiling lists of retirees and Euros - so to ensure that your players don't get missed feel free to post it in the retirement thread or Euro thread.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Philly Checks In

Drew,

A few notes:

1. My team's finances have not been updated. Based on my calculations the total should be around $24mil.
2. A few trades have not been updated. I will forward them to you by email.
3. Contracts have not been updated (not sure if you got to this already).

Thanks and ready to go,

Claudio

PS To the rest of the crew, this is as quite as its ever been on the trade front. Is everyone really that happy with their rosters????

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Carolina is up for another season....

email: [email protected]

Man... my third line right wing just retired in Scott Young. My First Line RW in Zherdev isn't signed yet.... DAMN IT!!! :banghead:

Looks like a bit of reshuffling for me.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Everything looks good for the Rangers. Where do I submit position change requests? Are we still doing it in the Files section of our Yahoo group?

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Colorado is here and ready to roll!

Same email, [email protected]

A few things:
1) Still waiting for the additions of Crosby, Olesz and Ballard to my roster.

2) Ron Tugnutt should be removed from the roster as he has agreed to hang up the skates to lead the scouting department of Asian hockey leagues for the Avalanche.

3) Serge Aubin, Sven Butenschoen has also left for Europe, so they should be removed from my roster.

4) Mike Farrell and Davin Heintz both played their last games in 2003-04, so I guess they are also comming off my books, right?

5) One of Denis and Gerber is available, so if anyone is looking for a starting goalie in their prime, let me know. Also, unless my calculations are off, I should have some spare players if someone is looking to fill up their rosters.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus is here, although my email may be changing soon - I'll be sure to post an update as soon as I have it.

We're not entirely happy with our roster - we still need one or two 4th-liners and a defenceman (preferably a RH shot, but we're flexible). Problem is, cash is a bit tight (which leaves guys like Bryan Marchment out fo the running), and so are trade options...

For a team looking to add significantly to their Stanley Cup hopes, we would be prepared to discuss elite center C Mike Modano for a package of players that should include an HFNHL-ready third-line forward, fourth-line forward and defenceman.

HFNHL Red Wings

what about guys like irbe, bartecko and pettinen? all have gone to europe, can i release them as prospects?

Unless someone is willing to grant an exception I'm afraid you can't. I doubt anyone cares about Irbe or Bartecko but you could have released them at the announced release time a couple of months ago.
I don't want to be difficult but it's simply a matter of precedent, if i say yes to you I have to say yes to everyone wanting to release prospects at any time.

HFNHL Red Wings

Colorado is here and ready to roll!

Same email, [email protected]

A few things:
1) Still waiting for the additions of Crosby, Olesz and Ballard to my roster.

2) Ron Tugnutt should be removed from the roster as he has agreed to hang up the skates to lead the scouting department of Asian hockey leagues for the Avalanche.

3) Serge Aubin, Sven Butenschoen has also left for Europe, so they should be removed from my roster.

4) Mike Farrell and Davin Heintz both played their last games in 2003-04, so I guess they are also comming off my books, right?

5) One of Denis and Gerber is available, so if anyone is looking for a starting goalie in their prime, let me know. Also, unless my calculations are off, I should have some spare players if someone is looking to fill up their rosters.

Matt K. is in the process of identifying all retirees and Euro bound players so please make sure these are posted in the appropriate threads.

HFNHL Red Wings

Everything looks good for the Rangers. Where do I submit position change requests? Are we still doing it in the Files section of our Yahoo group?

In the off season you can just e-mail them to me (with appropriate links of course). We'll resume the files section postings when the season gets underway.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Unless someone is willing to grant an exception I'm afraid you can't. I doubt anyone cares about Irbe or Bartecko but you could have released them at the announced release time a couple of months ago.
I don't want to be difficult but it's simply a matter of precedent, if i say yes to you I have to say yes to everyone wanting to release prospects at any time.

One thing that might work is if you signed your prospect, and then bought them out during this off-season. It's a bit complex and will cost real money, and maybe Reggie wouldn't take kindly to it, but I don't think that would be against any current rules. Those in the know can correct me if I am wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad