Tennis: Roland Garros 2018

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anderson loses to Schwartzmann in 5!
To the extent anyone is a threat to Nadal in that half, I think it is Schwartzman. So I was glad to see this win because I don't want this whole half of the draw to be a virtual walkover for Rafa.

Too bad about Serena. This tournament needed a sexy match up, too. What a quiet GS so far.

Later: Just to clarify: I don't think Schwartzman will win, just that he is likely to give more spirited resistance than Anderson would have.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’m just not finding myself interested for this tournament for some reason. I wouldn’t call myself a huge tennis fan, as I only watch the majors and some of the bigger tournaments (Indian Wells, Miami, Cincinnati, ATP world finals), but still.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Definitely gotten on the Fognini bandwagon for this tournament. Hoping he can pull it out today and win it all.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Fognini in a rush to finish? Jeez, he is taking a few seconds between his first and second serves.

Edit: Cilic survives. He’ll face Del Potro in the quarters.

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I’m just not finding myself interested for this tournament for some reason. I wouldn’t call myself a huge tennis fan, as I only watch the majors and some of the bigger tournaments (Indian Wells, Miami, Cincinnati, ATP world finals), but still.
Same here, but I am a big fan. The lack of Roger, Milos, and quick exit of Denis as well as the really early start time is the problem for me. I rarely watch the WTA so that side has never been important.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
First set to Thiem against Zverev. Conditions (wet) have to favor Thiem. I like his chances a lot today.

Also great chance for Djokovic to get to the SF later today against Cecchinato.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
For a career nobody who toils mainly on the Challenger circuit (18 tournaments played in total so far this year) and has but rarely cracked the top hundred players, Cecchinato is having a hell of a run right now.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, what a fine kettle of fish we have now, Nole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad