Roku type device and streaming

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hey all,

I'm googled this question and I'm not entirely certain I have found the answer (or, if I have, it hasn't sunk in).

One of the big losses of going cable/satellite free is the loss of sports. We aren't a big TV family so it wasn't a big loss. But the lack of sports is a pain. I usually use streams found on reddit and what not. But, given that I only have a PC (not laptop, no tablets), its annoying to have to sit in my basement, on an office chair to watch a game.

My question: With a Roku type device, is it possible to have a web browser on it, to allow me to search to those reddit type streams (like h**ps://home.nflbite.c*m/, for example) and stream them to my tv from the Roku?

I know PlexTV is a thing but, evidently Im fn old and I can't quite wrap my head around it.

Anywho, just curious to know if I am on the right track out completely out to lunch.

Thanks a bunch.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Roku has web browsers that you can download that you can use to access you're preferred streaming sites. The other option that I do is stream it to my phone and cast it to the Roku on the TV. Much easier to use the phone to get to the site than the TV.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hey all,

I'm googled this question and I'm not entirely certain I have found the answer (or, if I have, it hasn't sunk in).

One of the big losses of going cable/satellite free is the loss of sports. We aren't a big TV family so it wasn't a big loss. But the lack of sports is a pain. I usually use streams found on reddit and what not. But, given that I only have a PC (not laptop, no tablets), its annoying to have to sit in my basement, on an office chair to watch a game.

My question: With a Roku type device, is it possible to have a web browser on it, to allow me to search to those reddit type streams (like h**ps://home.nflbite.c*m/, for example) and stream them to my tv from the Roku?

I know PlexTV is a thing but, evidently Im fn old and I can't quite wrap my head around it.

Anywho, just curious to know if I am on the right track out completely out to lunch.

Thanks a bunch.

You're bordering on asking about illegal streams with this question so don't be surprised if this is closed.

I don't use a browser on my Roku, but you can cast to it from your phone and I've gotten it to stream from my desktop as well but can't remember if that was through Roku or my Chromecast. The best and most efficient way to get sports is to pay for them through their dedicated apps (provided you don't live in the area). If you do live in the area getting something like Youtube TV or another streaming service can give you the channels necessary to watch. There are a few alternatives or mixing and matching you can do with different devices or services to get you the setup you want, but it is all in a grey area and typically not allowed on the forums.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
You're bordering on asking about illegal streams with this question so don't be surprised if this is closed.

I don't use a browser on my Roku, but you can cast to it from your phone and I've gotten it to stream from my desktop as well but can't remember if that was through Roku or my Chromecast. The best and most efficient way to get sports is to pay for them through their dedicated apps (provided you don't live in the area). If you do live in the area getting something like Youtube TV or another streaming service can give you the channels necessary to watch. There are a few alternatives or mixing and matching you can do with different devices or services to get you the setup you want, but it is all in a grey area and typically not allowed on the forums.

Oh .. er .. oops. It honestly never occurred to me that those streams would be illegal to talk about here. My biggest apologies.

I still want to thank you both for the answers. Very much appreciated.

To avoid any additional illegalness, MODS: please lock this up with my apologies.

Thanks again :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad