Rogers Ref Cam

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Where is it? Watched every Flames game except one this season, always seeing the commercials for it, and I saw it ONCE in the season opener, and haven't seen it since.

I'm a Rogers customer, get the "Gameplus" features on my GCL app, but there hasn't been a ref cam since early October. Has it been on any other broadcasts? Where is it?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Marketing ploy to get you to buy GCL, so they can never show it again past the first few games of the season.

All I've seen since then is the sliding cam in Toronto and goalie cams. That's it.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Marketing ploy to get you to buy GCL, so they can never show it again past the first few games of the season.

All I've seen since then is the sliding cam in Toronto and goalie cams. That's it.

My thoughts so far. I get GCL for free for being an existing Rogers cell customer anyway, but still pretty annoying that they're still promoting the hell out of it every game yet it never makes an appearance.

Right now in this current game the only other camera angles are

-Goalie cams: I like them, but they're never synced with the game
-Bench cams: Kind of neat I guess...
-Star cam: Just a constant closeup of Johnny Hockey's and Taylor Hall's butts.

Last edited:

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I'm with ya. I have the free trial of GCL, loved seeing a ref cam view once or twice. Literally haven't seen it since the start of the year.

Soon Roger's will cap your internet and start charging you more to stream whole games...wait

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
I'm sure the NHLOA had something to say about referees wearing go pros for every game. Would open them up to more criticism giving fans their POV.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Aren't the officials in the middle of negotiating their CBA? Perhaps its become a bargaining chip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->