Roenick on 6pm Sportscenter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Mattiboy13 said:
He will be interviewed at 6pm on ESPN by Dan Patrick for a live interview...just thought I'd throw it out there for you guys..
Hope all you anti-player fans listen with an opened mind!
:teach:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I hope Roenick shoots from the hip and doesn't compromise on anything. If Roenick plays his cards right, he could become the most well-known NHL player in the USA next season.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Mattiboy13 said:
He will be interviewed at 6pm on ESPN by Dan Patrick for a live interview...just thought I'd throw it out there for you guys..

interesting...thanks. I hope they talk about more then just what he said though. Talk about the game and what there gonna do to make it better. Let's get this **** rolling again!!!

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:
interesting...thanks. I hope they talk about more then just what he said though. Talk about the game and what there gonna do to make it better. Let's get this **** rolling again!!!

I believe its more of an interview to clear the air, seeing how he didnt want to tape it because of the editing that ESPN did the other day to make him look worse then he did...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Mattiboy13 said:
I believe its more of an interview to clear the air, seeing how he didnt want to tape it because of the editing that ESPN did the other day to make him look worse then he did...

Yea I agree that's probably what will happen. It sucks that it takes this type of thing to get a hockey player on the airwaves of ESPN...the best network out there :sarcasm:

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Epsilon said:
I hope Roenick shoots from the hip and doesn't compromise on anything. If Roenick plays his cards right, he could become the most well-known NHL player in the USA next season.
Too bad he might not play

Whirlwind

Feb 14, 2005
US
Mattiboy13 said:
Great! We will have more stuff to read and debate about tomorrow. :handclap:

It is good to know that when there is slim pickins' on hockey subjects, JR will say something to create discussion to get the fans through another hockeyless day. Thank you JR for your mercy! :bow:

Now, will the players and owners sign on the dotted line. :madfire:

mackdogs*

Epsilon said:
There's nothing I like more than seeing whiny fans have their vaginal cavities filled with sand over something another person says.
Methinks you are missing the 'real' reason for the internet. Try searching for nude hottie at google pics for a hint.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
mackdogs said:
Methinks you are missing the 'real' reason for the internet. Try searching for nude hottie at google pics for a hint.

Perhaps you can search Google for a support group to help you deal with the trauma of having JR tell you to kiss his ass. Or maybe you can use it to search for a lawyer so you can sue Roenick for the emotional distress he has caused you.

PredsFan77*

Just to put his point across, he should execute a fan on the show to show he is one hombre not to be ****ed with. Patrick is a rough interviewer, I will be watching this.

SedinFan*

Someone find a clip and post it later tonight so us Canadians can get a look.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
i'm sure TSN will post this on their audio/video since they are affiliated with ESPN

mackdogs*

Epsilon said:
Perhaps you can search Google for a support group to help you deal with the trauma of having JR tell you to kiss his ass. Or maybe you can use it to search for a lawyer so you can sue Roenick for the emotional distress he has caused you.
Perhaps you can respond to posts that address you. Whatever I did to offend you please let me know so I can do it again.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He and Dan Patrick are getting into it right now.

He's basically just talked about how ESPN showed the negative parts, and how most of his interview was about bringing the fans back, changing the game for the better, and making ticket prices lower and things like that. He says a negative question is what brought out the negative answer, but they didn't show the negative question and they only showed the negative things he said.

He just said it is the players fault right now, but not completely. He was just saying they need to get a deal done right now and it doesn't matter who wins, even though the owners have won.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
Being a Canadian watching ESPN right now, Dan Patrick came off as very uneducated on the labour dispute and hockey in general. He just tried to attack JR the whole interview, and didn't go into the good points JR made. You can tell JR is passionate about the game and wants it back. He's a guy for the real fans of hockey. Dan Patrick kept trying to compare this to the MLB lockout back in the day. But that's like trying to compare apples with oranges.

PredFred

Jun 26, 2005
Over Yonder
I think they both made their points well. Bottom line JR said (paraphrased) "I tend to talk without thinking, and I'll probably do it again." I think JR had valid points about the media picking out the "negative" sentiments.

Sometimes I wonder if the NHLPA has put JR in charge of keeping hockey on the front page no matter what. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad