Roenick / Modano / Hull vs. Kane / Matthews / Eichel (read OP)

Which trio will be the best when all is said and done?

• Total voters

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Why are people acting like JR was some great player? Never made an AST or sniffed hardware. Only 2x top 10 hart voting (5,10), 2x top 10 goals (3,10) and 2x top 10 pts (5,7). Eichel and Matthews will easily surpass him (Matthews already has better goal finishes). Modano wasn't anything special either. Only 1x 2nd AST, 3x top 10 hart (7,7,10), 2x top 10 goals (8,8) and 3x top 10 pts (8,9,10). Matthews will surpass him, Eichel maybe.

When it's all said and done, easily the 2nd trio

Kane
Hull
Matthews
Modano
Eichel
Roenick

Reactions: datboichoi

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Why are people acting like JR was some great player? Never made an AST or sniffed hardware. Only 2x top 10 hart voting (5,10), 2x top 10 goals (3,10) and 2x top 10 pts (5,7). Eichel and Matthews will easily surpass him (Matthews already has better goal finishes). Modano wasn't anything special either. Only 1x 2nd AST, 3x top 10 hart (7,7,10), 2x top 10 goals (8,8) and 3x top 10 pts (8,9,10). Matthews will surpass him, Eichel maybe.

Kane
Hull
Matthews
Modano
Eichel
Roenick

At his very peak Roenick was pretty dominant. It didn’t last long though.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kane is the best US forward in history at this point.

Matthews and Eichel likely jump Roenick and maybe Hull.
Brett Hull won a Hart and is one of the greatest goal scorers of all time. Kane vs Hull is still a debate. It's going to be very tough for either to pass him. It might be easier to pass Modano.

Reactions: Garthinater

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Rare to see Brett Hull being ranked as the best American forward. Kane is better though.
He was top on this list as of 3 years ago.

Ken Campbell ranks the Top 100 NHL players of all time - TheHockeyNews

Hull, will always finish very high due to the Hart and crazy counting stats, being one of 8 players to hit 700 goals. I fully get the argument for Kane, just knowing how a lot of these all-time lists are done by publications and hockey historians, it is still a debate

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

Hull, will always finish very high due to the Hart and crazy counting stats, being one of 8 players to hit 700 goals. I fully get the argument for Kane, just knowing how a lot of these all-time lists are done by publications and hockey historians, it is still a debate
Hull had to cheat to get his Cup OT Winner. Kane's goal was so slick no one even knew he scored. Kane by a mile.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Kane
Hull
Matthews
Modano
Eichel
Roenick

I'm with you on Roenick, but think you are underselling Modano and Hull compared to Kane and Matthews here.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Hull had to cheat to get his Cup OT Winner. Kane's goal was so slick no one even knew he scored. Kane by a mile.
:rolleyes:
Hull has 2 cups neither from cheating.

Went the old trio.
I think Kane will be the best player of all of them when all said and done.
But think Hull and Modano outweigh the others

Something like
Kane >>Roenick
Eichel<Modano
Mathews<Hull

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

lol. I think your post is +1 in argument of Kane - even though I prefer Hull myself.

Did you seriously quote some random dude's list for credibility- when that dude ranks Jagr, Beliveau and Hasek above Orr, Lemieux and Howe? That's hilarious.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
lol. I think your post is +1 in argument of Kane - even though I prefer Hull myself.

Did you seriously quote some random dude's list for credibility- when that dude ranks Jagr, Beliveau and Hasek above Orr, Lemieux and Howe? That's hilarious.
I literally searched just the Americans and didn’t realize how ridiculous it was. I wish he was random, he was the chief editor for the Hockey News at one point.

Reactions: bobholly39

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Can we get a "Too soon to tell" option? The potential is there but anything can happen over 15 or so years, injuries etc. I'm a huge Matthews fan but he and Eichel got a long way to go. Kane the proof is already there he has for sure proven himself in the tier of Roenick/Modano/Hull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad