Recalled/Assigned: Rodrigues and Grant called up

Boose30

Jun 22, 2010
The Colony
Well that makes sense then. Interested to see if they put Rodrigues with Eichel and try to rekindle some old BU chemistry.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well that makes sense then. Interested to see if they put Rodrigues with Eichel and try to rekindle some old BU chemistry.

I doubt it. Rodrigues just isn't good enough to be a scorer at the NHL level. If he's in, he's most likely getting minimal minutes on the 4th line.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Not sure why everyone, except the guy with easily the best stats in Rochester, is getting a chance.

Did Cole Schneider insult someone's mother?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Not sure why everyone, except the guy with easily the best stats in Rochester, is getting a chance.

Did Cole Schneider insult someone's mother?

Perhaps they value his contributions to the Amerks and recognize he'd only play a few minutes with the Sabres and, thus, is more valuable in Rochester.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I doubt it. Rodrigues just isn't good enough to be a scorer at the NHL level. If he's in, he's most likely getting minimal minutes on the 4th line.
Based on what? He's PPG in his stint so far at the NHL level. He seems like a decent playmaker in Rochester.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He's not really PPG. Even if he was, the sample size is tiny.
Which is primarily the reason behind my questioning. The sample size has been pretty small. So why are judging what kind of player he is with so little to go on.

I think struckbyaparkedcar nailed it when he said it's because of his path to the league.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He's cleared waivers once and has only played 4 NHL games since, so his having to go back on waivers is not an immediate concern.

He's also an ahl all star who scores at great rates down there...if Grant can be claimed Cole certainly can.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
He's also an ahl all star who scores at great rates down there...if Grant can be claimed Cole certainly can.
But he needs to play in 10 NHL games before he'd need to go through waivers again. He's played in 4. If it's a matter of calling him up for spot duty for a game or two, then waivers are a complete non-factor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad