Rod Brind’Amour fastest coach to 30 wins in franchise history

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I didn't expect him to be a good coach tbh. Idk why

For the same reason many of our fans thought he wouldn’t work out: He’s got no previous head coaching experience, and his performance as an assistant coach was lackluster.

But he’s a natural-born leader. He was an excellent captain because he set an example of all the right things to do, on and off the ice. Games, practices, etc. There was no “off” switch for him.

And he’s instilling that same mindset on the team as coach, and the players seem to be buying into it. The season has had some rough spots, but when they’re playing the way they’re supposed to, you can really see Rod’s coaching at work.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
For the same reason many of our fans thought he wouldn’t work out: He’s got no previous head coaching experience, and his performance as an assistant coach was lackluster.

But he’s a natural-born leader. He was an excellent captain because he set an example of all the right things to do, on and off the ice. Games, practices, etc. There was no “off” switch for him.

And he’s instilling that same mindset on the team as coach, and the players seem to be buying into it. The season has had some rough spots, but when they’re playing the way they’re supposed to, you can really see Rod’s coaching at work.
50ish games... slow down, to much factor to point it all to the coach. Goalie, player coming out of slumps, streaking, team loose because playoff was out of the question, or just them random runs teams go on. But good luck and take Montreal out...

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
And Canes don't have a stellar record this season either. I guess Hurricanes had the most lacklustre last 20 years among teams that won a Stanley cup in that time frame.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
50ish games... slow down, to much factor to point it all to the coach. Goalie, player coming out of slumps, streaking, team loose because playoff was out of the question, or just them random runs teams go on. But good luck and take Montreal out...
idk, 50 games is enough for you to have a chance at Kap for your 2nd best D+ :naughty::nod:

(I agree with your post btw)

Reactions: CarolinaCaniac

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
To be fair the canes are a pretty young team so this record isnt that suprising. They were a great team a couple of times and got a cup as well. This year the canes actually have a good record and are playing really well. Forwards are finding ways, have a superstar youngster in Aho and Defense is living up to its billing. They lack a long term goalie right now and could use better center depth, but they have 2 franchise forwards in svech, and aho and a elite defender in slavin. They will make the playoffs this year.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Interesting. Can you also tell me who was the fastest coach to 20 wins?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->