Rocky: Changes might be coming soon!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this is what needed to be said at the end of the year, glad Rocky found some time to address this issue in between his Scrooge McDuck dives into mountains of gold coins at his palace...

they are all on notice, best thing possible for everyone involved - next comment should be "and McDonough will be assigned to run our marketing department for our beverage company" ....mic drop right after that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rocky probably is tired of having to throw away $$$ because of Stanley's mistakes

Cant imagine how sickening it is for Rocky to know he likely will be forced to buyout Seabrook eventually

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
you bring up several things and most of which has been discussed in depth. salary cap, value of a contract, length of the contract etc....

all if which i am not disagreeing with, but i would like to point out that he was a pivotal piece in helping the org win 3 sc. now for the other points i mention, why is he to blame when his agent played SB like a fiddle and got everything they wanted...... it was not his fault. most importantly how many players and their agents goes into any negotiation thinking of giving the team a financial break ???? did Seabs ???

he, toews is the end product of SB screw up. now with living up to his contract, players wants a contract to protect him and his family for an unexpected turn of luck where the player hits the wall and maybe his decline starts to happen.

Salary cap from a player perspective is and was setup for this eventual outcome.
Sorry, Toews gets no pass from me. Him telling his agent to ask for $10.5 mil is his own fault. Toews and Kane always talk about competitive they are and want to win. They knew in asking for massive contracts and cap hits would make it more difficult for them to continually ice competitive teams.

Stamkos is a prime example of someone who cared more about staying put and icing a cup contender instead of going for max contract and dollars

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I have zero passes for Toews. After the last 2-3 years he owes Rocky. Because he is stealing checks between planting gardens and eating kale.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sorry, Toews gets no pass from me. Him telling his agent to ask for $10.5 mil is his own fault. Toews and Kane always talk about competitive they are and want to win. They knew in asking for massive contracts and cap hits would make it more difficult for them to continually ice competitive teams.

Stamkos is a prime example of someone who cared more about staying put and icing a cup contender instead of going for max contract and dollars
you mention Stamkos and i bet there is hundreds more who wouldn't. for example Seabs contract and his agent.

this whole deal or contract talking falls in the realm of competitive pricing matrixs its tools for pricing in a competitive world of supply and demands.

the bottom line the fault lies on the GM......

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Stamkos is a terrible example. Due to Florida’s tax system, and a number of other factors, Tampa is roughly 25% cheaper than Chicago.

According to nerdwallet.com, $10.5 million in Chicago is the equivalent of $7.9 million in Tampa. Stamkos makes $8.5 million.

Cost of Living Calculator | Chicago, IL vs. Tampa, FL | NerdWallet

Reactions: dougd

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
That’s not how I read that at all.

I took it to mean:

The cap won’t be accepted as an excuse for not fielding a competitive team.

The stars must perform like stars.

There are cheap guys out there who can breakout in the right situation, Stan must go find them. That’s why I think he mentioned Vegas twice.

Stan has found them and Q does not play them to their strengths.
What bothers me is that it seems whatever happens Q and/or Stan have till Christmas and IMO that is FAR too long. 20 games in should suffice, but Rocky doesn't have the balls to do it IMO

Reactions: massey1984

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What bothers me is that it seems whatever happens Q and/or Stan have till Christmas and IMO that is FAR too long. 20 games in should suffice, but Rocky doesn't have the balls to do it IMO

Why do you think that? I don’t know why he’d say this, knowing it would be published, unless he intended to follow through

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Why do you think that? I don’t know why he’d say this, knowing it would be published, unless he intended to follow through

I just don't think he has the balls to make the changes at 20 games cause if he did he would have done it in the offseason.

Waiting till christmas is FAR too long IMO

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I just don't think he has the balls to make the changes at 20 games cause if he did he would have done it in the offseason.

Waiting till christmas is FAR too long IMO

Waiting 20 games or 30 games is not gonna make that much of a difference for next year. You can’t really change the personnel(players) all that much once the season starts and a new coach won’t do that much either if the players suck which is really the main reason(coach secondary) why the Hawks have sucked past 3 years and especially last year. What Rocky is saying is that you have one more offseason and till Christmas(possibly more time if they end up doing well by Christmas and fail in the playoffs in the first round) to change this ship around or we are replacing you. I don’t not think he is expecting the new GM and coach he hires mid season to carry this team to the playoffs and beyond this season but simply stating that things will change moving forward.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
this is part 2 of what has gone wrong with this org..... Q penchant for playing his fav's.

Q needs to change his game-plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad