Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Got the party time goal explosion. Its epic! Not many people have it yet and I keep getting people asking me to trade. Its a good distraction to win games. And its like people don't care if you score because its so fun to watch.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Got the party time goal explosion. Its epic! Not many people have it yet and I keep getting people asking me to trade. Its a good distraction to win games. And its like people don't care if you score because its so fun to watch.
Heh, yeah, it's worth about 35-40 keys right now, maybe more. Be careful of people trying to rip you off.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Heh, yeah, it's worth about 35-40 keys right now, maybe more. Be careful of people trying to rip you off.
Thanks! I won't ever trade it. I spent $5 on a key pack and opened a few random crates. Ended up with the Mantis, the Party explosion some wheels (I forget what they are called but they have like neon blue lights in them) and some random crappy decals. Pretty good haul. I have heard stories of people using lots of keys and not getting anything that great.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I am jealous!! It is super beautiful - definitely my favorite. I thought the first batch of goal explosions (ice, fire, lightning) were a little underwhelming - but the balloons are on point!
Definitely! Those old ones are OK. Better than the standard / colored I guess. I like the popcorn one too and only seen that one once but I think the balloons are the best. Thanks!

robilke

Oct 13, 2017
new season is great, but I have a question - if I play PS 4 and my friend plays Rocket League on Xbox - can we play together?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The 3 decryptor limit is quite lame. You can earn enough currency for those and three boxes pretty quickly, and it's not even like you can trade the items you get from using the decryptors.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm on XB1. I've traded them in the past for random stuff, probably always overpaying because I didn't really care.

The crate system annoys me, I can't get what I want without finding someone else or paying, a lot. I'd rather pay $1 for an item from a crate than $1 for a mystery item.

Anyone have an assortment of stuff they want to move on XB1 for the crates?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'm on XB1. I've traded them in the past for random stuff, probably always overpaying because I didn't really care.

The crate system annoys me, I can't get what I want without finding someone else or paying, a lot. I'd rather pay $1 for an item from a crate than $1 for a mystery item.

Anyone have an assortment of stuff they want to move on XB1 for the crates?

Yup, this new trend in games is annoying. I bought most of the DLC packs because I enjoy customizing my car and I'm happy to pay for new options. Opening crates/buying keys isn't fun. Unlocking new items by playing or achieving something is. At least they still add new free items from time to time and season rewards, but the best items are locked behind a slot machine.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yup, this new trend in games is annoying. I bought most of the DLC packs because I enjoy customizing my car and I'm happy to pay for new options. Opening crates/buying keys isn't fun. Unlocking new items by playing or achieving something is. At least they still add new free items from time to time and season rewards, but the best items are locked behind a slot machine.
It's worse than most gacha systems. I've played two mobile games for a significant amount of time. Summoners war, which has some ridiculously low summon rates but still gives you f2p opportunities to summon all the time.

Fire emblem heroes has so many opportunities and it's so easy to get stuff that I can basically dominate the game on very little money.

Rocket League's system is pretty garbage and relies on the hopeless addiction of the people who love opening crates...sadly me somewhat included but I'm trying my best not to be anymore. But really though. Crates drop at a garbage rate and then, until the decryptors came out at a severe cap, there was no way in hell to get keys without paying money. You couldn't get them as rare drops. Or play a certain amount of games or score a certain amount of goals to get one. It's absurd. I don't know how CS GO does it but I can't think of another gacha game with a gacha system that is so restrictive to people who don't want to pay money. The whole purpose of the model is to give small morsels to free to play players to tempt them into buying more. Seems they've figured it out with this Halloween crate system but in a really cruel way. There's no hope for any F2P grinding for decryptors.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the update Tapu! Hopefully that's when the physical copy will be released too.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Anyone play it on Switch yet? I went ahead and grabbed in the online store. Wanted a physical copy but thought 'eh, why not' and got the digital.

It runs great! The garage items take a while to load sometimes and the textures of the field / background are noticeably worse than PC/Xbox/PS but the cars look great and so does the ball / puck. The game runs smooth and connecting to an online match is as easy and fast as it is on other systems. While playing I didn't even notice the lesser textures really since the game plays identical to how it does on other systems.

Going to be great having rocket league be portable! Also the Mario/Luigi and Samus cars are great!

Reactions: irunthepeg

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Just started playing RL a lot last spring, and I have to say this is one of my all-time favorite games. I have no interest in any other game anymore aside from the occasional round of Fortnite with some friends. The way you steadily progress as you work on your skills and positioning and watch it translate to your ranking in competitive is what makes this game so addicting. It's just such a kinetic game it almost feels like a real sport. I'm having trouble getting out of diamond, but I think I have a good chance to make champ next season. Either way, I enjoy the shit out of this game.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sorry for the probably obvious question, but I've not played an online game since Modern Warfare 3. How do you get keys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad