Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch

Anyone excited? Looks like a lot of fun.:handclap:

EDIT: Rocket League now available for Xbox One. Xbox One version will support cross-platform play with PC coming this spring!.
Rocket League's new Xbox One "cross-network" feature due this Spring | PC Gamer

IMPORTANT EDIT:Rocket League likely to be first full cross-platform game? Microsoft Wants PS4 and Xbox One to Connect Online (I just wanted Psyonix to confirm it first before saying it does)

IMPORTANT EDIT 5/1/2019:
Epic is acquiring Rocket League developer Psyonix

Epic is acquiring Rocket League developer Psyonix | PC Gamer

Rocket League will be moving to the Epic Games Store later this year, will still be supported on Steam

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I saw Lirik playing it the other day, looks like so much fun. It's also coming out on PC the same day despite the trailer making it look like a PS4 exclusive. I will definitely be buying this day 1.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Game is a ton of fun. I was part of the beta. I'm hoping with the release date it's a PS+ game. No problem paying for it if not but it would be great to have alot of people on it due to +.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Figured I bump this since it will be out tomorrow.
Will be $20 on Steam.
Will be free for PS Plus members on PS4.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Was there a game like this back when the PS3 first came out or around that time? I feel like I've played this same game already.

Edit: Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars was the name of it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars is probably at the top of my "cost:hours played" ratio list for PS3 games. So, so much fun, and I'm quite jealous I don't have a PS4.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Been watching some Twitch streamers play it a good bit lately and it looked like a TON of fun. Going to download it soon.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
It's definitely fun to start playing it. I think I need to fiddle with camera for when it gets high in the air above ya.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer servers have been down all day. Sucks too, there were 35000 players on when I logged off tonight.

Edit: Playing season mode is fun enough for training, just don't stay on rookie mode for too long, the AI is brain dead at that level.

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I know everyone's taste is different, but that game doesn't look the slightest bit fun.

My thoughts exactly.
But I downloaded it and I'll give it a go. Who knows sometimes games shock the hell
Out of me like that Vin Diesel driving game was actually a lot of fun. Can't even rember what it was called just fun for a while.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Forked over the $20 for this on Steam last night. I'm probably getting a PS4 eventually, and I'm sure this will be on a Steam sale, but I didn't want to wait that long. Stupid amounts of fun.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I've been watching lirik play it on twitch and it looked like a lot of fun. It's pretty boring by yourself, especially since your teammate bots suck when the opposing bots can be good. I've been playing with a friend of mine online using TS, some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The game is just so damn awesome. Everyone needs this game.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This game looks like some of the funnest times you can possibly have. 4 player splitscreen too. Just found out about it an hour ago, dying for the download to finish.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah, I still haven't been able to play against other people but I've been playing with a friend of mine on 2v2 vs all star difficulty bots. It's a lot of fun just doing that and helps us hone our skills and grow some chemistry.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm dying to play with friends. I've been unable to get online due to matchmaking issues. It's still a lot of fun.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
As I said in the PS4 thread, this game is freaking fabulous. Enjoying the hell out of it.

Got to play some online games late last night, but have been unable to connect thusfar today, owing to the Matchmaking issues. The online experience is equal parts great and troll. People aren't really all that good at the game yet :p. Whatever, I could probably use some bot practice. All-Star bots are destroying me

Add TwoMinuteViking if you're playing on PS4. We can get a team together or something!

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Great game but the AI (on your side) is braindead.

When I tried on Rookie, my AI took it from the offensive zone back to their own net slowly.

However, when I moved up to Pro, my AI was like Messi and was just bailing me out left and right.

Haven't tried All-Star yet to see how AI is on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad