Rock Climbing

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Didnt see a thread for this, will delete if im just blind.

So Im starting to get into rock climbing and wanted to know if anyone here has any experience or tips?
Im currently living in the city with lots of indoor gyms and something about the sport has always intrigued me even as a child. I just want to know if any of you have tips for starting off with very little to no hand and arm strength as well as hardware preferences?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Didnt see a thread for this, will delete if im just blind.

So Im starting to get into rock climbing and wanted to know if anyone here has any experience or tips?
Im currently living in the city with lots of indoor gyms and something about the sport has always intrigued me even as a child. I just want to know if any of you have tips for starting off with very little to no hand and arm strength as well as hardware preferences?
Getting your own shoes can make a huge difference very fast, and long term you'll be more comfortable with your style because of it. Also go minimum twice a week to build strength and technique and if possible I strongly suggest do lots of bouldering when you're starting out to build the important elements, but climb things close to your level.

Reactions: valeriammm

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Getting your own shoes can make a huge difference very fast, and long term you'll be more comfortable with your style because of it. Also go minimum twice a week to build strength and technique and if possible I strongly suggest do lots of bouldering when you're starting out to build the important elements, but climb things close to your level.
Thank you! I actually just picked up a pair of shoes not long ago and lucky for me the closest gym is bouldering only. What I find most difficult is gaining strength, I know it comes with time but my noodle arms dont last very long.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you! I actually just picked up a pair of shoes not long ago and lucky for me the closest gym is bouldering only. What I find most difficult is gaining strength, I know it comes with time but my noodle arms dont last very long.
Just keep training:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->