Music: Rock and roll hall of fame nominations 2021: Tina, King, go gos, Jay z,foofighters

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I find this difficult, because I don't know what the criteria are. And because I'm not sure I can take a music Hall of Fame that doesn't already have John Coltrane, Kraftwerk, Bjork, and Joy Division in it, all that seriously.

Anyway, if I just go by who I think deserves to be in a 'Hall of Fame' from that group, I go Kate Bush, Dionne Warwick, Rage, Iron Maiden, and Carole King. Based entirely on which of the five musicians I think has reached the highest-high over the years.

Joy Division and Kraftwerk out, lol.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Devo and the York Dolls.

Edit: I would love to see Devo get in. They are one of the most unique and groundbreaking rock bands ever and put out lots of great music. But despite having a very large cult following, the mainstream really only knows them for Whip It.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Go Go's are probably the very easy call here, despite their music not aging well at all.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Go Go's are probably the very easy call here, despite their music not aging well at all.

Hard disagree, I like their stuff 10X more now than back then. They had a great rhythm section. Even now, they put this out last year in their mid-60's, better than 99% of what comes out now. Their documentary was great.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hard disagree, I like their stuff 10X more now than back then. They had a great rhythm section. Even now, they put this out last year in their mid-60's, better than 99% of what comes out now. Their documentary was great.

That indeed sounds better than what they released in their prime.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So Grohl is in twice now.

Grohl is like the anti-Jim Rice to the media. It was obvious.

Still no Minnie Riperton who actually played rock and psychedelic.

No Deftones either.

The org is a joke. I've went there twice when I was younger and have no interest in ever going back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad