Music: Rock and roll hall of fame nominations 2021: Tina, King, go gos, Jay z,foofighters

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Et4_Lc-WQAQhTVV

I really need to have someone explain to me the love in the hall has with Chaka Khan? Last 2 years it was her as a member of Rufas, this year it is her as a solo artist.

my top 5 for going in

Kate Bush, Carole King, Tina Turner, Foo Fighters and New York Dolls

my dark horse is Maiden. Both Maiden and Judas Priest should be in

Rundgren should be in as a producer

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I find this difficult, because I don't know what the criteria are. And because I'm not sure I can take a music Hall of Fame that doesn't already have John Coltrane, Kraftwerk, Bjork, and Joy Division in it, all that seriously.

Anyway, if I just go by who I think deserves to be in a 'Hall of Fame' from that group, I go Kate Bush, Dionne Warwick, Rage, Iron Maiden, and Carole King. Based entirely on which of the five musicians I think has reached the highest-high over the years.

Reactions: Incubajerks

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I find this difficult, because I don't know what the criteria are. And because I'm not sure I can take a music Hall of Fame that doesn't already have John Coltrane, Kraftwerk, Bjork, and Joy Division in it, all that seriously.

Anyway, if I just go by who I think deserves to be in a 'Hall of Fame' from that group, I go Kate Bush, Dionne Warwick, Rage, Iron Maiden, and Carole King. Based entirely on which of the five musicians I think has reached the highest-high over the years.

no one actually knows the criteria anymore

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
No Rap group should ever be inducted to the R&R hall of fame. They deserve to be among their own genre in their own HOF.
In this respect, the R&R Hall of Fame should really just change its name to the 'Music Hall of Fame' or something. They've been (rightfully) inducting hip-hop, jazz, and adult contemporary greats into it for the better part of a decade. The 'Rock n' Roll' part is just nomenclature at this point.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Iron Maiden and Tina Turner should be in it (surprised Tina wasn't already there) ...don't really care about the rest, and i hate rap, btw.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Iron Maiden and Tina Turner should be in it (surprised Tina wasn't already there) ...don't really care about the rest, and i hate rap, btw.

I was disappointed that Stevie Nicks went in as a solo artist before Turner. A youtube music vlogger who used to work both in radio and as record company exec pointed out that Nicks has some very strong connections to the guys who had the final say

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
In this respect, the R&R Hall of Fame should really just change its name to the 'Music Hall of Fame' or something. They've been (rightfully) inducting hip-hop, jazz, and adult contemporary greats into it for the better part of a decade. The 'Rock n' Roll' part is just nomenclature at this point.
Why does country music have their own music awards show? They are not served right by the American Music Awards. They do their own thing like Other genres should and do. R&R hof was the first of its kind and filled a void 20-30 years ago. Music has evolved beyond what the institution now represents.

Its really just a glorified Museum anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad